Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 12 April 2023

Pink Christmas Poinsettia

 


Good morning. It is no secret that among my favourite flowers
(particulary at Christmas) are poinsettias. 

With a break away from the traditional red poinsettias, I have created
a white one, softly blushed with pink. I used a snowflake stencil and
pearlised texture paste on the pale pink (script) DSP, then when dry,
 I hand-stitched around the edges. I also lightly sponged some of the
foliage die-cuts with the texture paste.

A close up look at my poinsettia that I so lightly sponged
with Victorian Velvet dye ink. The centre is a silver Sparklet.

I painted the wooden snowflake with 2 coats of the
pearlised texture paste.

Challenges I would like to enter.
Creations in pink #56 - 'Anything Goes in MAINLY pink'
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas #137 - 'Anything Christmas Goes'
Merry Little Christmas #49 - 'Anything Christmas Goes'

Dies - Tim Holtz Holiday Greens, Tattered Poinsettia; Spellbinders Lacey Circles
SPD - Kaisercraft Silver Bells
Sentiment - Art Stamps Australia
Twine for stitching is actually recycled from bags of horse feed, soaked, washed and ironed. My friend Diane sent me a large 'stash'. When we lived on our farm and had horses, I always saved the twine.
Texture Paste - Crafts 4 U
Sparklet, tinsel and wooden snowflake are from my junk stash

I must be off to pretend I am a domestic goddess 😁😁, so until next time, thank you for visiting.

Hugs,
Jennifer.  x






2 comments:

  1. Jennifer: I'm here officially from your link to MTTCC however I'm also on the other 2 Christmas challenge blogs!!! I love your white poinsettia with subtle placements of very pastel pink. The different ways you've added sparkle and shine along with texture are marvelous to discover!! Terrific Christmas card! Thanks for sharing at MTTCC, THICC, and MLCCB! --Becca/DTs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Jennifer - I love it! I just hopped over from the Snippets Playground as you only came to play that one time with us - with the fun train card. I just wanted to let you know that I'd been wondering how things are going for you over there. Especially when I spotted that your last post - this one - was in April. Dudley was FIVE yesterday - like a child on its Birthday, when bedtime came he was too hyped up to sleep! But no doubt he'll be up and raring to go at 7am or so! Take care.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.