Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 8 December 2012

Presents Under the Tree

Hello fellow crafters,
Tonight's card is for some friends who live in a nearby village, and have already received it. I worked with Kathy when I was a Registered Nurse (Nursing Sister) in a Doctor's surgery in the early 1980s, and we have remained friends ever since.

The card looks blue, but IRL is pure white, and the tree is actually a lovely soft mint green Mi Teintes paper. I really don't know why some colours look so different when reproduced on the computer. I have 4 embossing folders called 'Snowflakes', but I don't know the brand name of this one. I think it is my favourite. The 'Celebrate' die-cut is by Cheery Lynn.
I have had the Memory Box 'Crisp Bows' dies for many months, and this is the first time I have used them. They are beautiful aren't they. The gifts have been cut with Spellbinders Classic Squares and Rectangles.
The tree die is also new - Cottage Cutz 'Partridge and a Pear Tree'. There are several pears and birds included in this set.
Inside the card - a Spellbinders Classic Circle is layered onto a Spellbinders Lacey Circle, and the corner die-cuts are by Cheery Lynn.

It is still sweltering here at 9.45pm, so I am off to have a cold shower and slip into bed, and try to sleep. John and I have been rehearsing all day, because tomorrow evening we are donating our music for a Christmas party for 90 people at historic Fort Scratchley, at the entrance to Newcastle Harbour. The party is for all the volunteers at the Fort, where I am training to become a Tour Guide. We are both looking forward to 'coming out of performing retirement' temporarily...they are a wonderful, very dedicated group of people. If you click onto the link above, the photo shows the beautiful building where we will be performing.

Until next time, happy crafting and thank you for visiting.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jennifer. The gold and white looks so classy.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, hope the performance went well!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer - gorgeous card - love all the die cuts. I had seen these bow dies and didn't realise what they were - ha! I can see it all now .. how clever!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.