Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 3 December 2012

Fun Day at Di's

Hello fellow crafters,
Last week I travelled to The Entrance, on the Central Coast, for a fun day of card-making with a lovely group of ladies at Di' Scrapbook Shop. I have booked a seat in December too, when we will have a little Christmas party. We made 3 cards, designed by Di, but I can only show you 2, as I will be giving the 3rd one to John. I will show it to you once he has seen it.
The base cards are on kraft...I really must use kraft more often, as seems to go with everything. The cards are very different to my usual style, with lots of distressing and inking. I think it is good though to sometimes create something that is out of one's 'comfort zone'.
The flowers are Green Tara. The holly leaves were cut with a Cheery Lynn 'Holly Strip' die, and swiped with gold Versacube. The green cardstock was given a border (on both cards) with Martha Stewart PATP punches.
The pine cones were cut using a Tim Holtz 'Tattered Pinecone' die, and Cordinations cardstock. A Cheery Lynn die was used to cut the pine branches.
Tiny gold bows completed both cards.

I am really looking forward to the next craft day, and all the products I used for these cards can be purchased from Di..

A very brief post tonight, as we have to drive down to the John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle tomorrow morning. John is having a Gastroscopy to try to discover what is causing him to constantly choke on food...his neurologist is almost certain it is not connected with his Parkinson's Disease.

Until next time, happy crafting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely to have you join us in class last week Jennifer & glad you are going to come back & visit us again. You have, as always, done a beautiful job on these cards. great craftsmanship.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Jennifer. I love the designs and the little pine cone arrangement looks fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.