Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

"Here Kitty, Kitty..."

Hello fellow crafters,
Last month I won tickets in a radio competition to an advance screening in Newcastle today of 'Quartet', starring Maggie Smith, Billy Connelly, Tom Courtnay and Pauline Collins, and several other well known actors. It was brilliant, and I highly recommend it, especially if you are fond of music (particularly Classical).

This card is for a close crafting friend, and features one of my favourite animal stamps by Penny Black - 'Jolly Xmas Kitty'.
The white edge and red strip are punched with Martha Stewart's 'Aspen Snowflake' PATP(my new favourite punch). The 'Merry Christmas' greeting was cut from gold mirror card with a Cheery Lynn die. I triple mounted the image, over Bo Bunny 'Rejoice Holly' DP. 
I coloured the image with my Promarkers, and glittered the fur on the hat.
The gold 'snowflake' under the flowers is a new Christmas tree decoration, the berries are from an old decoration. I made the pins from beads in my stash. Holly leaves and ferny leaves are both Cheery Lynn.
Corners are cut with Cheery Lynn 'Deco' dies, and the white message panel is from a Spellbinders die, 'Floral Ovals' (This seems to be my favourite die at the moment, along with the Cheery Lynn holly, and ferny leaves dies).

I would like to enter the following challenges - 
Crafty Sentiments - 'Snowflakes'
Sweet Stampin' - 'Dies and Punches' (2nd entry)
ABC Christmas - 'Y is For Your Favourite Die/punch'
Penny Black Saturday - 'Glitter & Sparkle' (2nd entry)
Penny Black & More @ Allsorts - 'It's Your Choice' (2nd entry)

You may have read on Monday that I had to have an X-ray and Ultrasound on my shoulder yesterday, followed by a cortisone injection into the joint...well, I didn't have the injection because I have to have a shoulder re-construction instead!...there is more damage than anyone suspected. No wonder I have been in constant pain for about 12 months. I have to say I was shocked when the radiologist told me the news, and I now have to see my GP on New Year's Eve to organise the surgery.

I really must go to bed, as I need to be refreshed tomorrow because dear little Russell is spending the day with us, while his mummy does some Christmas shopping.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x





17 comments:

  1. fab card thanks for joining is with us at ABC Christmas challenge and also for taking the time to leave a comment, hugs Samantha ABC Christmas challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! FABulous colours and the cutest of cute images...
    LOve it ....It's JUst GOrgeous.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thank you for showing us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jennifer. I love the cute Kitty! Fabulous colours and layout too.
    So sorry to hear that you need surgery on your shoulder. I hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, a very sweet card with an adorable image, papers and a beautiful floral arrangement! thanks so much for playing along with us at penny black and more challenge this month. i hope your surgery ends the pain for you.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lush looking Christmas card Jennifer.

    Thanks so much and sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jennifer - love those fab papers and such an acorable image! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning! Fab background papers and I just love the stamped image - so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer - your kitty is so cute and I love all your details ... not altogether unlike the card sitting proudly on my fireplace, and the flowers and details on that look totally fabulous in real life. Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder - what a shock for you! I will write further by email ... sending love and hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the cluster of flowers especially!! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Jennifer !! The colours are so rich and the cat image is lovely !! Your flower cluster is a wow !! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute image you have used for your Christmas card... lovely colours. Yes this snowflake punch is beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute and fun, this critter is too cute! Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge.

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card!! Great take on the Y challenge (Your favorite Dies). Thank you so much for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope you will play along again - and good luck with the prize drawings.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Supecute card Jennifer, I love it
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Merry Christmas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again! lol
    Still love the cute kitty!
    Should also have said:
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.