Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 23 December 2012

"I Taut I Taw A Tuddy Tat..."

...you did, you did! (again)

However, before I tell you about "dat tuddy tat", I can now tell you the good news that I promised to tell last night...

I have been invited to join the Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge design team!!!!!

While I am so excited and honoured to be asked to join the lovely friendly ladies, I am just a tad (maybe a bit more than a tad) scared, as I am venturing into new territory. However, the ladies have all been so welcoming, and offered to help me with any queries, so I guess I will settle in very quickly. I had no idea what went on behind the scenes, or how much work there is for the leader of a challenge blog. Our team leader, Julie, appears to be soooo organised, and has been extremely helpful with all my questions.

I would also like to welcome Bunny, my newest follower, who is one of my teamies.
Yes, I know I have used this 'tuddy tat' image on several of my cards, but I love this little guy so much. The card is for our vets, with whom we have a fair bit of contact each year, with us being owned by lots of pets.
Because the image is quite large, I used the 'off the edge' technique with my Spellbinders circle die.
This is the first time I have used 'Icicles' Stickles, and I have to say that I love the effect 
it gives on the red cardstock I used for the poinsettia die-cut.
The inside of my card co-ordinates with the front. Some people think that I am a bit of a problem when it comes to discarding USEFUL waste. My friends all laugh at my crafting recycling habits ("give that scrap to Jennifer - she'll do SOMETHING with it"). The white 'pointy' strip on the front, and inside my card are the offcuts from when I cut a Cheery Lynn Lace Light Deco Border for another project. Often, border offcuts are too pretty to discard. The silver dots on the 2 white strips are negatives from an old peel-off sticker sheet.

Stamp - Penny Black 'Jolly Xmas Kitty'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Graphic 45 'Tis The Season'
Dies - Spellbinders 'Poinsettia',  'Snowflakes', and 'Classic and Scalloped Circles'; Cheery Lynn 'Deco Corner', 'Holly Flourish', 'Holly Leaves Strip', 'Wreath Strip', 'Lace Light Deco Border' (offcut)
Stickles - 'Icicles' and 'Star Dust'

I am off now to colour the images I need for my first DT cards for the challenges beginning in January. Thank you for visiting at this extremely busy time of the year. I will be back with my second last Christmas card tomorrow night. I am looking forward to making and posting some new cards that are not for Christmas.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x




2 comments:

  1. Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes und besinnliches Weihnachtsfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another adorable card Jennifer - I love that puddy cat image! ... and all your card details are fabulous as always!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.