Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 1 December 2012

Recycled Card

Hello fellow crafters,

Welcome to my new follower, Judy, and "hi" to Mel, from Raymond Terrace.

Not a good week I'm afraid... I saw my GP yesterday because I have had an increasingly painful shoulder which keeps me awake, and seriously restricts much of my movements. I have to now have an ultrasound of, and a cortisone injection, into my shoulder. AND my liver function tests have again shot up.

This unwelcome news came on top of the awful week we have had with our beautiful 'fur baby' Pagliacci (Pally) (picture on sidebar). He will be 14 on Boxing Day, and we think he has used up almost all of his 9 lives. I felt something was not right last Sunday and Monday, but thought it may have been the dreadful heat we have been experiencing this week (43 degrees C today). However, early on Tuesday morning he refused breakfast and was a little unsteady on his feet. We called our vet and when she examined him, she was quite concerned.

She took him straight back to the surgery, and admitted him to hospital. Blood tests and an ultrasound have revealed he is anaemic, has poor kidney and liver functions, and has an enlarged uneven textured liver. However, the ultrasound shows no masses whatsoever (that is a relief). He will be on a high dose of antibiotics for a week, then re-tested, with a possibility of having to have a liver biopsy. He is home with us now, and although he is much improved, he is still 'just not himself'.

He had to have both his beautiful ears completely removed 2 years ago because of cancer. In April this year, he had horrible cancer lesions on his nose and face, but with diligent treatment those healed completely within weeks and he once again went into remission. Since then he has had a ravenous appetite and has been very well. We lost our dear little 13 year old pet duck, Blossom, a few weeks ago, so we certainly don't want to face the prospect of losing another beloved pet too soon.

One of the charities that John and I support regularly is Donkey Welfare With Heart Inc., founded and run by a wonderful couple, Christine and Stephen Berry. I always save any cards picturing donkeys, that are given to me, then recycle them for Christine and Stephen.
I cropped the original, very large card, and layered the image on gold textured card, and DP (? Kaisercraft) from my stash. I added gold peel-off stickers in the corners. I did not attach any greeting to the card, as I felt the script on the DP was enough.
The inside of the card co-ordinates with the front. I cut the circles with 
Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Nestabilities.

That's all for now, I must go and prepare dinner. It is still sweltering, so we will just have chicken and salad. Thank you for visiting and leaving your lovely comments.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x










No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.