Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 2 December 2012

Holly and Poinsettia

Hello fellow crafters,
Hope you have enjoyed, or are still enjoying, your weekend. After playing 'domestic goddess' this morning, I  hid myself in my studio, and made another 2 cards. This is one of them.
I was quite pleased with how it turned out, despite the fact that it looked nothing like this in my mind before I began. The base card is actually dark green, but looks black in all the photos I took.
The holly berries have been given a touch of 3D lacquer.
A close-up of the poinsettia, made with the Spellbinders die, 3D mini foam dots, and 3 tiny gems.
Inside the card, decorated to match the front.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Fab 'n' Funky - 3 of Something (3 gems in poinsettia) (Winner)
Crafty Sentiments - 'Red, White and Green'
Fussy 'n' Fancy #77 - 'I Love Christmas'
Hooked On Craft #27 - 'Christmas'
Image - PSX
Colouring - Promarkers
Embossing - 'Trellis' (not sure of the brand)
Dies - Spellbinders 'Poinsettia', Classic and Scalloped Rectangle, Classic and Scalloped Circle; Memory     
           Box 'Amira Flourish; Marianne 'Poinsettia'; Cheery Lynn 'Holly Leaf Strip', 'Holly Flourish', 
            'Merry Christmas'
Punch - Martha Stewart 'Branch'

Happy crafting, and thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x


8 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Jennifer. Such a traditional Christmas card and perfect in every way. I LOVE IT !!!
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jennifer. I love the image and traditional colours. Your layout looks fab too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas card! Absolutely perfect, love it!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Crafty Sentiments.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Crafty Sentiments Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jennifer,I like the holly, the embossing and the poinsettia,Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft this month,Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card - crisp and smart, and the colouring on your holly image is just delicious! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty traditional Christmas card - I love it! thanks for playing at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week for our birthday celebrations hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jennifer...fabulous colouring on the holly and berries..Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, superb colouring. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.