Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 6 December 2012

Beep Beep

Hello fellow crafters,
It is safe to show you this card, as our friends (who follow my blog) received it yesterday. We have known Katie since she was a sweet toddler, and we have watched her grow into a lovely young woman with 3 lovely children of her own. Her husband Bill and my John have become good mates.
I love this image of the little mouse looking so excited about delivering his gifts. I couldn't guess how long I have had this paper hiding in my Christmas junk stash...at least 6 years...yes, I am hanging my head in shame! (makes it a bit hard to keep typing though - lol).
Close-up view of my cute friend and the punched border.
Inside the card, decorated to match the front. The 3 snowflakes are the negatives of the punched corners.
Close-up look at the pretty ribbon, the bow tied with my bow-easy, and the die-cut snowflake. I added Stickles 'Star Dust' to the snowflakes on the ribbon and the paper, and also to the gifts and car.

I would like to enter the following challenges -

Papercraft Junkies #5 - 'Embellish It'
I Love Promarkers - 'Anything Goes'
Perfect Sentiment #58 - 'Let It Snow'
ABC - 'C for Clear It Out' (2nd entry)
Penny's Paper Crafty - 'Anything Goes' (winner)
Sparkles Christmas - 'A Button or Bow'
Sweet Stampin' - 'Ribbon and Snowflakes'
Penny Black and More - 'It's Your Choice'
Penny Black Saturday - 'Glitter and Sparkle'
Hooked On Craft #27 - 'Christmas' (2nd entry)
Fussy and Fancy #77 - 'I Love Christmas' (2nd entry)
Sparkles Monthly #38 - 'Christmas Is Coming' (3rd entry)


Image - Penny Black 'Gifts Sedan'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - unknown
Die - Spellbinders 'Snowflakes'
Punch - Martha Stewart PATP 'Aspen Snowflake'
Ribbon, gems, Stickles from my junk stash

Well folks, I'm on a roll...I have finished several other cards, so will show you another one tomorrow night...mind you, our house is beginning to look like... NO, NOT Christmas...I know that song......a derelict squat! I almost looking forward to reacquainting myself with the duster and vacuum cleaner...who am I trying to kid????!!!! I once saw a poster somewhere that read "housework never killed anyone...but why take the risk!" LOVE it.

I know I have been rather lax lately about visiting your blogs, and commenting on your beautiful creations, but I am going to try to remedy that situation later tonight. Thank you all for your visits here, and the encouraging comments you leave.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and cute card thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week and good luck Ginny X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, i can't believe that you had it for 6 years before using it... actually having looked at my stamp boxes I can LOL! Thank-you for joining us at the Papercraft Junkies "Embellish It" Challenge! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer. I lov ethe image and fab colours and design.

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the image and background paper, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jennifer!! This is a very beautiful card!! The image is so sweet and fun at the same time, and all the details are superlative!!

    Hugs
    Cinzia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card. The image is so cute, and I love the sketch. Gorgeous colors too.
    Thanks so much for paying along at Penny Black and More, and also at ABC challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sweet Christmas card Jennifer, it's such a cute little image.

    Thanks so much the sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card and precious image, Jennifer. I love that paper no matter how old it may be. :-D So glad you chose to join our "Snow" challenge at Perfect Sentiment this week. Hope to see you playing along next week, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww fab card, that little mouse is so cute! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! I love your little mouse image too, he's so cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges, I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is great and the mouse so sweet - thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow that a beautiful creation and thank you for joining in our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge good luck and hope to see you again next time .....DT Member Sandra H x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great creation! Thanks for playing along at PBSC! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when you're able to use your old stash Jennifer and such a beautiful image too :-)

    Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy for our "I Love Christmas" challenge - good luck!

    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the red and your snowflake is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing at ABC.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and a lovely stamp - well done on using up some old stash too.
    Thank you for joining the 'it's your choice' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.