Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Gift Tag Toppers

Hello fellow crafters, and welcome to Judith, my newest follower,

This little 'night-owl' hit her pillow at 9.30 last night! Can't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight, but I was 'done-in' after our big day yesterday.

John sailed through his Gastroscopy, and although the surgeon took biopsies of some 'funny' areas, he stressed that he is sure there is no need for concern. BIG relief!

The John Hunter Hospital is the 2nd largest hospital in the state, and a lovely touch is that every afternoon, they have someone playing a Baby Grand Piano in the huge foyer. While I was waiting for John, I sat and listened to a pianist, Wai Ching (a young doctor). She was playing various classical pieces (my 1st love), and after I quietly applauded several times, she asked me if I played piano. When I told her I had been a professional singer, she invited me to join her. We had a ball, performing a variety of songs; semi-classical to  'show-stoppers' from popular stage musicals and films.
These 2 cards were very easy and quick to put together. I had a bundle of gift tags (2 designs) left over from about 4 or 5 Christmas' ago, so I have used several of them as 'toppers', trimming them down with a Spellbinders Scalloped Square die, then layering them onto left-over gold gift wrap and Bazzill cardstock.
I cut four large squares of white card, then embossed them with Cuttlebug folders, 'Swiss Dots, and 'Ornaments'. The joins, and edges are covered with Anita's Glitteration border peel-off stickers, which have been lurking in my stash for 2 or 3 years.

Finally, I applied gold Stickles to the embossed ornaments, but regret doing so - I should have left them plain.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Crafty Catz #161 - 'Recycle/Upcycle'
ABC - 'C for Clear It Out'

Must go and attend to some domestic duties, then it's off to my 'hidey-hole' to make more Christmas cards.

Thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Johns Gastroscopy went well.
    Your cards are gorgeous, a lovely way to recycle and fabulous layouts too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ovely creations and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh lovely creations, sounds like you had a lovely afternoon while waiting of your husband, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ
    X Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Jennifer. Great way to recycle gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, I love the touches of gold, very pretty! Thanks for joining us at ABC challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely story!

    Your cards are just lovely and perfect for our Clear It Out challenge at ABC.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.