Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 9 April 2012

Side Step Card

Hope you have all enjoyed your Easter break. I have - the weather here has been as near to perfect as possible. Also, I have spent many hours working out how to set up my blog, and have learned so much, but realise that there is so much more to learn.
I love making side step cards...they are so different, and non-cardmakers are always fascinated by them. An essential piece of equipment I believe, is my beloved Scor-Pal. It allows very precise scoring, and crisp folds on all cards, but particularly when multiple folds are required.
I made this card 2 weeks ago, and the glue attaching the flowers was not even fully dried when a lady saw it, and insisted on buying it. She barely gave me time to photograph it.

This little hedgie always makes me smile, and I have often used him for many different occasions. He looks as if he is concentrating so hard on delivering his over-sized bouquet.

Stamps - Penny Black 'Wonderful' (set of clear stamps in the T for Transparent series)
Paper - DCWV 'Citrus' 6x6 stack
Cardstock - Bazzill
Dies - Spellbinder, and Memory Box 'Olive Branches'
Punches - Martha Stewart, Carl
Flowers - Syntego, Lincraft, Bizzy Becs
Other - Scor-Pal, Ranger Stickles 'Crystal', ribbon cord from my junk stash

Thanks for looking.
Jennifer.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, welcome to "BLOGLAND". I do warn you though, it is extremely addictive!!! I love this card you have made, just beautiful. Speak soon.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Di,
      Thank you so much for your comment...you are my very first, and also thank you heaps for your encouragement and valuable tips for ways to get the most out of blogging.
      Hugs,
      Jennifer.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.