Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 16 April 2012

Warren the Rabbit

Hello fellow bloggers,
Last year I visited our son in London, and met our darling little granddaughter. While I was there I was lucky to go to the Make-It craft fair in Farnborough. I had a wonderful time, and met a lovely lady, Julie Hickey, from Craftwork Cards. Among lots of goodies I purchased at their stand were 2 packs of toppers, which can be coloured with almost any medium. The name of the collection is 'Warren', the most adorable rabbit.
This easel card features Warren with a gift, and I made it for a very close friend called Di (not the Diane in my 1st post) for her birthday.

                                                                                                                                            







Inside the card, showing the pull-out tag on which to write a message.




I loved making this card, and Di loved receiving it...hope you have enjoyed it too.

What a day we have had - I think we will be in bed early tonight. We got home last night just after 12.30am after attending a great concert by a true entertainer, Rhonda Burchmore. The concert was in Newcastle (about 1hr. 15mins. away). I won the tickets in a radio competition. Shortly after we crawled out of bed this morning, our wonderful neighbours turned up to help with some farm fencing. A few months ago my last horse departed this life. She was 33 years old, and had lived here with us since she was a baby. I have had horses (for their entire lives) since I was a little girl, so Firefly's passing has left a huge gap in my daily life. I will not be having any more horses, as we both have health issues, and don't know how much longer we will be able to stay here, although we both never want to leave as these past 32 years here have been idyllic. We have 26 acres of land going to waste, so have put a gate in the fence between our neighbour's property and ours, thus allowing them to have use of our main paddock for their 3 horses. This gate however, meant that we needed to put up a new fence across part of the paddock. This took most of the day. I am aching all over, and as I did not wear gloves, my hands are a mess.







I have many lovely photos of Firefly, and this one was taken on the day she passed away. I miss her so much. She still looked wonderful for such an old horse.









Details for my Warren Card are as follows...
Image - Craftwork Cards 'Warren'
Cardstock - bazzill
Paper - unknown but it may be Papermania?
Colouring - Promarkers
Dies - Spellbinder, Marianne
Punch - Martha Stewart
Sentiment - computer generated, unsure of font, but it may be 'English'
Pearls - Kaisercraft
Other - flowers, stamens, charm, ribbon, from my junk stash, Ranger Stickles 'Crystal',

My eyes are having trouble staying open, and I can't stop yawning, so I guess there is only one solution, so I will say goodnight...until next time...happy crafting.

Jennifer. x



1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.