Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Bath Time

Hello Fellow Crafters,
The easel card I have for you today is very similar in design to the 'Warren' card I posted 2 days ago. The reason for this is that another friend saw that card, and wanted it for her Mum. When I said it was specifically for another friend, she asked me to make one exactly the same. As I insist that all my cards be one-of-a-kind, I felt I couldn't break my own rule. The friend was so disappointed that I offered to make a similar one. Both friends live in different towns, and I am sure will never meet.



                                Close-up of the cute Penny Black image and the flowers.                                                                                


                                                                     Side View


                                                                   Fully opened.

                                                                    Back of card.


Sorry there are so many photos, but easel cards are rather difficult to photograph .

I am getting very brave with my blog now, and have decided to enter my very first Challenge. The one I have chosen is the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, as I love PB stamps...they were my first stamp purchases many years ago, and my collection of them has grown extensively. My card fulfils the rules of this week's challenge, 'Stripes and Spots, so all I have to do now is to work out how to submit my entry. Those of you who are experienced bloggers, and have entered challenges, are probably laughing, as you were probably all as bamboozled when you started, and now find it a cinch. Like I said in my early posts, I am on a vertical learning curve. I would like to thank lovely and talented  Pauline from Liverpool for all her encouragement and assistance. 

Stamp - Penny Black from the 'Bubbly' 'T for Transparent' set
Sentiment - as above
Colouring - Promarkers
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - not sure, but it may be Papermania?
Dies - Spellbinders, Marianne
Punches - Martha Stewart, McGill
Embossing - Cuttlebug
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Other - Flowers, pin & charm, ribbon, pearls, stickles all from my junk stash

My tummy is telling me that it is way past lunch time, so I had better obey. Until tomorrow...happy crafting.
Jennifer. x


13 comments:

  1. hi jennifer...we are so pleased that you chose us for your very first challenge and let me say that you've wowed me with your gorgeous card...we hope to see you often and thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer - yay! you have cleared the first hurdle with flying colours :-) This is a gorgeous card, fab photos and a great chatty bloggin style - you're obviously getting into your stride now woo hoo!! Thanks for joining in this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge - so glad you chose us as your first challenge and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, welcome in the blogland!!
    Your card is really gorgeous, love the colours and the image!
    I wish you all the best with your blog and your creations.
    Thanks so much for the kind words you leave in my blog.

    Hugs
    Cinzia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap! The Penny Black Saturday Challenge was the first challenge I entered too - and that was before I'd tarted my blog!
    I love your card...such pretty colours...and the ribbon threaded through the border looks fab!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge - hope to see you there again soon! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooop...that should read 'started' not 'tarted' - really should check my spelling before I hit publish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun! Thanks for playing at PBSC! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer - love your blog and your cards - I found you through PBSC, congrats on entering your first challenge, but watch out - it's addictive x joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, good luck in your first challenge!
    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, and welcome to blogland. I have just had a nosey and your cards are gorgeous. Well done on joining in your first challenge, we are so happy it was the Penny Black one!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer - thank you for your kind words and lovely email, bless ya! Oooh, you have a lovely blog here, I am pleased to return the Follower compliment. PB stamps were my first rubber love too, and I still have a passion for them. This card is just brilliant, love the kitty in the bath, and the blue/pink combo is so lovely and fresh. Gorgeous. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful easel card......so many lovely details, your friend will love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yey! So glad you joined us! This is a beautiful card, I love these colours together and the bubbles background is perfect! Thanks for joining in with last weeks Penny Black Saturday challenge! (I'm a bit behind!)

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.