Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 9 April 2012

New Beginnings

Hello fellow crafters,
This is rather scary, exciting and hopefully fun...my first post in my first blog, but in time I guess I will become more confident at showing the crafting community some of my humble efforts, and working out how blogland operates. I have thought about setting up a blog for some time now, but my computer and I are not always on friendly terms...It seems to have a mind of its own at times.
The reason for "Other Junk" in my blog title is that each time I return home from a trip into town, which of course MUST include a visit to one or more craft/scrapbook stores, my darling husband just rolls his eyes, smiles, and says "more junk I presume". Also when my crafting friends visit for a day of laughing, chatting, chocolate and a bit of cardmaking, he greets them with "hello ladies...I see you have brought your junk with you". He has always been very supportive of my addiction hobby, and even converted an old unused stable into a craft room for me, complete with sink, air conditioner, and custom built cupboards in which to store all my "junk". Yes, I know I am a lucky girl to have a chappie like him.
The first card I have to show you is for my dear friend, Diane's, birthday. We have been friends for almost 50 years, hence the image of the 2 little girls.

This is my first serious attempt at colouring with Promarkers, which I LOVE. Sorry, I did not make note of which colours I used.
The large flower is from a stem of white silk flowers which I dismantled, coloured with a Promarker (? Apricot), then reassembled using pearl stamens. The smaller flowers are Ribtex and Green Tara.
Stamp - Penny Black 'Sharing A Moment' (very old-may be discontinued?)
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - First Edition 'Hideaway' (12x12 stack)
Sentiment - Computer generated - Brock Script
Dies - Spellbinder, Marianne
Punches - Martha Stewart
Other - Kaisercraft Pearls, Ranger Stickles 'Crystal', ribbon from my junk stash


  Well, that wasn't too hard...it was fun actually...until next time...happy crafting, and thank you for looking. Jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. This is just so sweet Jennifer, I'm sure your friend will love it too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.