Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 7 April 2014

Christmas Lantern

Good evening fellow crafters. 
I hope you all had a great weekend with plenty of crafting time.

Although we are almost half way through autumn in Australia, our region
has not had any days for months where the maximum temperature has not
been in the 30s, and for weeks now the humidity has been unbearably
high (75-98%). However, yesterday and today have been in the 
mid 20s, and I am feeling much happier. (I love winter).

Today I completed another Christmas card to add to my collection. I love this
rather vintage looking lantern, and designed my card to have a vintage style.

A closer look at the lantern, and the Christmas flowers and foliage, 
coloured as usual with my Promarkers.

Inside my card is fairly simple and co-ordinates with the front.

Challenges
ABC Christmas - ' 'G' for Glitter' (Stickles Platinum on scallops)
Beccy's Place - 'Anything Goes, using a Beccy's Place image'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas #71- 'Seeing Red'
Crimbo Crackers #61 - 'Anything Goes'
Christmas Fun - 'For A Man/Anything Goes' TOP 3
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #5 - 'Anything Goes/Lots of Layers' TOP 3
Jingle Belles - 'Spirit of Christmas Past'

Image - Beccy's Place Christmas Lantern  (freebie-thank you Beccy)
Colouring - Promarkers
Papers - Kaisercraft Christmas Carol Collection
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles
Ink (sponging) - Tim Holtz DI Antique Linen
Ribbon and peel-off sticker from my junk stash

John has almost finished with his last student for the evening, so I must go and finish preparing dinner...we are have one of our favourites...curried tuna...yum!

Thank you for visiting, and I will have another card for you tomorrow. Until then, "happy crafting".
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x



11 comments:

  1. What a great traditional lantern Jennifer and what an unusual display for the ribbon...genius!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jennifer and yes I can see your platinum stickles too! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and colouring Jennifer and I love the ribbon detail..superb.
    Raining more than ever here in NZ this morning and the wind has come up too..I love Winter like you.. at least you can breath..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I love that vintage style lantern image. Your designer papers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at CSAYL this week! Hope to see you playing along with us again soon!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card, Jennifer. I like the lay-out and the papers. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny that you are looking forward to the cooler temps of winter, and I am ready to be done with winter!! (from the Northeastern US) This is such a pretty card. Love how you used the ribbon. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an absolutely beautiful holiday card! that lantern is gorgeous and you've set it off perfectly! thanks for sharing your inspirational "spirit of christmas past" with us at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ps: i love your blog's name! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jennifer :-) the whole design of this is stunning !! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 171 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely beautiful Jennifer! You did a fantastic job colouring the image with your markers, I love the way you've managed to get those flowers looking so bright white. I also love the gorgeous Christmas papers you used, I picked some of the same ones up early in the year and can't wait to use them.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful creation made for our April Challenge at Beccy's Place.
    Your image is gorgeous and I love the gorgeous colour combo used and good luck in our challenge...Annie (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.