Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Celebrity Visitor To Fort Scratchley


Yesterday (Tuesday) was a very special day at Fort Scratchley, where
I am a volunteer guide. The Fort is closed to the public every Tuesday,
so the day was chosen for Sir Tony Robinson of Blackadder and 
Time Team fame to film an episode of his history show there. I 
have been a huge fan of both TV shows for many years, so it
was a big thrill to be able to watch the filming.

Sir Tony (centre), with some of the film crew, just about to 
commence filming.

Sir Tony standing on our Parade Ground in front of the
 6" Mk V11 and the 25 pounder guns.

As a special treat for such a distinguised visitor Sir Tony was invited
to fire two rounds from our WW11 25 pounder field gun which 
has been recently restored. He really enjoyed doing so!!!

On Saturday, the Antiques Roadshow is going to be in Newcastle and the
Fort has been asked to be involved. I will be there all day to assist. Sir Tony
will be the special guest and he will perform the official opening, and then at
the end of the day join the rest of the A.R. team to sign autographs.

I think by the end of next week I am going to be like a zombie, because the
past few weeks, and the next have been, and will be frantically busy. I will 
have been at the Fort 3, 4 or 5 days each week for 4 consecutive weeks. 
There is really very little time to sit down (sometimes not at all), while at 
the Fort and I also have almost 3 hours driving per day. No wonder 
I have been tired, and my mojo is 'on another planet'!!

It is almost 5pm and the washing has to come off the line, the pets all have to be fed, and I must iron my uniforms for tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday at the Fort.

Thanks for visiting, and I will be back tomorrow evening with another card when a new challenge begins at Crafty Little Fairies...remember, as from tomorrow we are a monthly (not weekly) challenge.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x





1 comment:

  1. Judging by the pictures Jennifer, he picked a great day to visit the fort. Just wish the skies were that colour here in England at the moment. It's foggy and really murky!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.