Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Pink Butterflies

Good evening, and I would like to welcome my newest follower, Bridie. 
I hope you enjoy your visits to my blog.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I won a luncheon in a competition on our
local University's FM radio station. John and I dined with the 3 other winning
couples, and the fabulous meal was hosted by 2 of the station's
announcers. This is the card I made to say "thank you".

The gorgeous paper has been in my junk stash for over 3 years, since my last trip
to the UK. I bought a 6" x 6" Laura Ashley mixed pack at the Craft Show 
at Farnborough, and I have been reluctant to use it (or any other 
papers in the pack) because they were just so pretty.
Remember, I have admitted to being a 'paperholic'! 

Inside my card co-ordinates with the front. I smothered all my die-cut
butterflies (on the front and inside) with Stardust Stickles, but as 
usual, it does not show up in the photos.

I embossed a die-cut onto which I attached my personal sticker.

Because I will personally deliver my card tomorrow,  I decided
to emboss the envelope, and attach 2 die-cut butterflies.

Challenges
Crafty Calendar - 'Things With Wings'
Hobbybook Designer - '2 or More Die-cuts'
Inky Chicks #26 - 'Butterflies'
My Time To Craft #242 - 'Wildlife'

Paper - Laura Ashley
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Lacey Circles; butterflies are Marianne; Cheery Lynn; Joy Craft
Embossing - Kingdom Butterfly and Leaf
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards
Peel-off sticker from my junk stash

Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying your weekend, and life is kind to you, so until next time..."happy crafting'.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x







10 comments:

  1. This is a lovely thank you card Jennifer. I can see why you hoarded this wonderful paper, it looks fab with the butterflies though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Jennifer. I love the butterfly and pretty paper.
    Congratulations on your win too
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is super pretty Jennifer! The butterflies layered up on the DP look lovely and having the matching envelope is such a fab touch :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a pretty card, Love the big butterfly it looks stunning. Sounds like you had a great time on your Lunch. Thanks for playing on My Time to Craft this week, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so romantic and cute card!!! thanks for joining us at hobbybook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, this is such a beauty! Thanks for playing with Hobbybook. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. I love the papers, I also have these and they are so pretty . Thanks for joining in our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thi is sooo pretty Jennifer - I love the pretty papers and the fabulous dies.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for joining us at crafty calendar - our new challenge starts this Saturday! Hope to see you back - Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.