Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Distressed Butterflies

If you read yesterday's post, you will know that today is a special day for
my blog, celebrating not 1, but 2 milestones! It turns 2 today, and this 
is my 200th post...perhaps next year on my blog's 3rd birthday, 
I will be able to post my 300th card???

Instead of creating a card for today using my more usual 'girly' style, 
I have a card that I almost finished a few weeks ago for my DT sample with
Crafty Little Fairies, but I was not happy with it, so have 'tweaked' it somewhat.
Vintage/distressed/grunge are styles with which I struggle, but I think it is good
to step out of one's comfort zone occasionally don't you. 

The Page About Butterflies stamp is quite large. I stamped it twice, cut out
the second panel with the 10 butterflies, and layered it with 3D tape to 
give it some dimension. I then heavily distressed all the stamped 
panels (perhaps a little too heavily?).

A closer look at my very heavily distressed images.

Challenge
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - 'Birthdays'

Stamps - Stamps Happen Page About Butterflies; Darkroom Door Script
Colouring - Promarkers
Ink for sponging - Distress Inks Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain, Momento Tuxedo Black
Dies - Joy! Crafts Butterfly Edge
Punch - Martha Stewart PATP Butterflies
Distressing Tool - Tim Holtz
Peel-off sticker from my junk stash

Tomorrow, I will have my 201st card for you, as we will have a new challenge for you at Crafty Little Fairies. I would love to have you join me then, and perhaps enter our new challenge.

Until tomorrow, I wish you all well and hope you can indulge in some "happy crafting".

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous vintage card Jennifer, love your fab design and details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's good to step out of your comfort zone occasionally and it seems to have worked a treat for you here - your vintage shabby chic design is gorgeous! I like the heavy inking and all the different butterfly elements, plus the stepper design is just fab :-)

    Congratulations on 2 years of blogging and on your 200th post! I look forward to many more inspirational posts :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, what a pretty card! I love all the distressing and the layout! Well done on your 2 years of blogging!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Jennifer & definitely not too heavily distressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo - happy belated birthday to your blog!! This is a fab card ... I think it has all the distressed elements just perfect, and they go so well with the vintage image and stunning butterfly border - perfect!!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.