Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 18 April 2014

Double Twisted Easel

Hello to all of you out there in blogland. Are you all enjoying your Easter break? 
Please be safe if you are going away for the weekend.

In the next 3 weeks, I have a number friends celebrating birthdays, but I cannot
show you the cards I have made for them, as they all read my blog regularly. 
However, I was 'tidying up' my photo files on my computer this morning 
when I found photos of the card I made 2 years ago for a friend. It
was my 1st attempt at a double-twisted easel card. 
Barb loves blue and yellow.

The card is A5 size. The tiny butterfly in the L.H. corner was made using
3 clear peel-off stickers, folded in half and adhered to each other.

I stamped and punched some leaves for the background of this flower.
A small flower image coloured with Promarkers.

Challenges
Corrosive #197 - 'Pretty Pastels'
Crafting with Dragonflies #24 - 'Mother's Day/Special Lady'
Crafty Catz #227 - 'B is for...' (blue, border die, bling, Barb)
Fab 'N' Funky #212 - 'Flower Power'
Moving Along With The Times - 'A Card Containing the Word  "Happy" '
Paper Crafting Journey - 'For That Special Lady'
Ruby's Rainbow #77 - 'Ladies'

Stamps - Kaisercraft; Stampendous Leaves
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Grace Taylor Vintage Collection
Dies - Spellbinders Grand 12" Classic Lace BorderScalloped Squares and Circles, Lacey Circles;
Punches - McGill Leaf; EK Success Scalloped Corner; Carl
Sentiment - Computer generated
Card Candi - Craftworks Cards
Ink for sponging - Versacube Baby Blue
Ribbon, flowers, gems, peel-off stickers are all from my junk stash

I hope the Easter bunny is generous for you, and you are having beautiful weather.

Until next time, thank you for visiting.
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x







13 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. I especially like the sentiment treatment. And I love the layout... definitely a success! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't made a twisted easel for ages. This is so pretty. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jennifer. Lemon and blue always looks so fresh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, super design, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky. Good Luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Jennifer. Love the colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous double Easel card, lovely details, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful twisted card, bet your friend loved it, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Fantastic design, it really looks just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer, your card is just amazing! Gorgeous colours and love the shape of the card.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at MAWTT.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Jennifer, thanks for playing along with our 'HAPPY' Challenge @ MAWTT this week.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card with lots of 'B's on it! I am so glad you liked our challenge at Crafty Catz and entered with your wonderful project. Thank you and please come back again tomorrow for a brand new theme.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty! Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Jennifer - love the colours, and the double easel twisty thingy is so clever - I wouldn't know how to make one of those!
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.