Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 2 November 2013

2nd Birthday

I have a special request for many of you out there...please, please, please
remove those Christmas countdown clocks and blinkies from your blogs!!!
They are freaking me out!!! (lol). Yes, I know Christmas happens at the same
time every year, but this year, the weeks (not to mention the months) are
just flying by at what must be warp speed 10. Many of you I feel are 
also starting to feel alarm at how close Christmas is, judging by your
 notes on your blogs.

Birthdays are also occassions that occur on the same dates every year, but
somehow I seem to be making birthday cards at the last minute too. Each New Year I
promise myself that I will be better prepared, but somehow that thing called
LIFE keeps getting in the way of my good intentions.

Those of you who have been looking at my blog since its early days may
remember me blogging about a dear little baby boy we have nicknamed
'Tiger', as he is such a little fighter. He has had an incredibly difficult start
to life, but on Thursday he celebrated his 2nd birthday, and this is the
card I made for him. Russell's big sister, Connie also had her birthday
on Thursday, but I will show you the card I made for her in a 
later post.

The '2' was in a bag of wooden numbers I bought years ago, and I have 
embossed it with 3 layers of red Opals, sprinkling blue Opals 
into the 3rd layer.  

This adorable bear has 2 other co-ordinating bear stamps
that were among some of my earliest stamp purchases.

Likewise, these 3 Cuttlebug dies were purchased soon after my
much-loved Cuttlebug came to live with me. I cut out 3 of each of
the dies - 1 red, 1 black, 1 yellow. I then adhered tiny pieces of 
double-sided tape on the back of the red ones and with tiny 
tweezers inserted the 'hubcaps' and windows.

Inside my card matches the front, and I added some punched out
trains for added interest.

Challenges
Corrosive #186 - 'Tic Tac Toe' (DP,Image,Sentiment)
Creative Card Crew #48 - 'Teddy Bear's Picnic'
Crazy #157 - 'B is for...' (Bear, Blue, Bow-tie)
C.R.A.F.T. #231 - 'For The Boys (0-150)
Ready-Teddy-Go #28 - 'Use Embossing'
Die Cuttin' Divas #139 - 'Anything Goes'
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' #1 - 'Emboss It'
LEJ Designs #77 - 'Anything Goes'


Image - Stamp-it Australia
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Computer Generated
Paper - First Edition Family Ties
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Rectangles; Cuttlebug -  Engine, Caboose, & ?
Punch - Martha Stewart border - Train
Embossing - Opals Waratah, Blue Lake

Thank you  for visiting, and I hope to catch up with visiting and 
commenting on all your lovely blogs very soon, so until next time,
"Happy Crafting"

Hugs,
Jennifer. x




15 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute, great layout & colours.
    Thank you for playing along in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Jennifer. The bear is adorable and I love the little train.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card for such a special little boy. My brother's name is also Russell. He is special, too! But don't tell him I said that!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer,
    A perfect card for a little boy, what little boy does not like trains,thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, hope you will join us again next week ......
    Hugs
    Suzy B
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, this is sooo cute! Simply love this cute little bear and the train die.

    Thanks so much for joining us at SAM.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe! Any little boy would love this cute little bear. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge. Hope to see you again next week! Monica (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely cute card I love the image you have used thanks for sharing with Suzy's bees this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining us for our "Tic-Tac-Toe" theme at the Corrosive Challenge. Good luck and please join us on Sunday for our next fortnight challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card and Happy Birthday to 'Tiger'!! He'll love this .. Thanks for joining our first challenge at Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenges!

    http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your cute card for Suzy Bee's Blooming challenge 1 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aawww thank you for joining us at Ready Teddy Go with this super cute card! I love the sweet teddy and a fabulous embossed number 2 too :D
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.