Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Little Trumpet

I hope you are all progressing well with your Christmas card collection. I only have
11 made so far, and need about 25 more, so I think a few people will be receiving
shop-bought ones, or made-by-me ones of a very simple design. Perhaps I will 
break my self-imposed rule of never making 2 cards the same.

Enough of my panic...once again it is time for the Pink Fairies at Crafty Little Fairies
to invite you to join us in our weekly challenge, of which our theme this time is

'LACE 'N' PEARLS'

What fun, you can unleash all your 'girlie frilliness' with this one, and a lovely prize
is being offered by our generous sponsor, who this week is

Our challenge is open to all images, stamped or digi, but please remember,
you must use an image on your creation.

In an effort to increase my meagre Christmas card pile, I have used this gorgeous
Lili of the Valley stamp, Little Trumpet. 

A closer look at this sweet little angel. I put Stickles Star Dust on her wings,
and the stars...me thinks perhaps a little too heavily!

Inside my card. The tiny stars are the negatives from the die I used for matting
the sentiment on the front. I told you I don't throw anything away! 

I have always believed in the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so why do so
many manufacturers continually remove/replace products. This is in all facets of life,
be it clothing, food, toiletries, cosmetics, and craft. One of my favourite 
colours in Bazzill cardstock is/was Petunia, a lovely pink with ever so subtle
tones of mauve. However, it has been discontinued, and I cannot find a 
substitute with the same tones, in any brand. I am down to a small 
collection of Petunia off-cuts, and am suffering 'withdrawal symptoms'!

Challenges I would like to enter:-
ABC Christmas - ' 'W' for Winter Wishes'
Crafty Sentiments - 'Christmas'
Lili Of The Valley - 'Pink and White'
Rhedd and Rosie's #20 - 'Christmas Is Coming'
Winter Wonderland - 'Angels or Fairies'

Image - LOTV Little Trumpet
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - LOTV
Paper - Kaisercraft Wish Upon
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, Floral Ovals
Lace, pearls, from my junk stash

For a chance to win a lovely prize, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies, and enter our 'Lace 'n' Pearls' challenge. 

I am out of hospital, just a little sore, but very 'foggy'. I just want to sleep, and writing this post has required so many corrections - perhaps I should have scheduled it. Thank you to all of you who have sent get-well wishes, and on one issue, I have wonderful news. There was a strong possibility that I had a very rare form of breast cancer. This has nothing to do with my hospital admission and op yesterday, though. I am awaiting results of the biopsies for that. However, two days ago I received all my results regarding my many breast investigations, and they are all NEGATIVE! As you can imagine, I am thrilled, and that was great news to hear, just before my surgery. I have been very worried, as my Mother had 3 episodes of cancer, one being breast cancer, and she passed away at the same age that I am now.

Until next time, "happy crafting", and
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x 


18 comments:

  1. First things first, I am so thrilled that you got that negative result hun, what a huge weight off you mind (and ours!).
    A gorgeous Christmas card, I love that image and you have framed her so beautifully in the pretty oval. Love the lace corners, the perfect finishing touch. And no, not too much sparkle at all.
    Brilliant hun. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, I am so pleased that you have had some good news. I hope you get some more soon.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image, pretty detailing and beautiful colours.
    Take care, sending you hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, such a sweet image and love the soft olours and pearls, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable Christmas card! Thanks for joining in the Winter Wonderland Challenge this week. I have candy on my blog if you are interested :)
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Rhedd and Rosie's challenge blog. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous news on the negative result Jennifer - I'm so pleased.
    Your card is gorgeous, a fab image and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased to hear your wonderful news that all the tests were negative - woohoo!
    Your card is wonderfully pretty - I just love the pastel pinks and really, you can't have too much glitter, especially on a Christmas card!
    I am also a bit behind with my Christmas cards and have made about 8 I think...oh dear. I very rarely make 2 cards the same but it is a necessity at Christmas I think - or at least the same design in different colours!
    Hope you are feeling better now and have a lovely weekend :-)
    Big hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So soft and sweet. Fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us in our pearl challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card, Jennifer! Love the image and sentiment! The colors are beautiful and the embellishments are lovely! Just became your newest follower! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie

    Please click here to join in my Blog Candy!

    Crafty Sentiments Designs
    Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and image and such lovely delicate colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennifer. Love the pink and white of your Christmas card. You coloured the cute LOTV angel beautifully. Great card. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow What a beautiful card. Your coloring and color selections are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew.
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Love the christmas design. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card looks so amazing,the colors and the image are so wonderful.
    Thank’s a lot for joining us at our W for Winter wishes Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
    Hope to see you again
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. it was really brillinat jennifer to hear your good news ...as i said at the t me WHAT A RELIEF!! your card is so pretty ... love that cute angel image :-) and your colorus are gorgeous.
    Hope you're feeling a lot more recovered by now as i write this.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, that was a very cute and amazing card. I love the images and the shapes and outlines. This can make a perfect Christmas greetings this holiday 2013. Merry Christmas everyone! happy Crafting!~

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.