Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 7 November 2013

Shine A Light


This week, at Crafty Little Fairies, it is the turn of the Pink Fairies to invite
you all to enter our 'CHRISTMAS IN NOVEMBER' challenge.

Remember you can now use any brand of image you wish, but you must use
an image.
This week our sponsor is Crafty Ribbons, and they are generously offering
a £10 voucher.


I created my card using a sweet Lili of the Valley stamp, Shine a Light.
This is the first time I have used the lovely snowflake border die,
but I was a little disappointed at how the glittered cardstock looks in
the photo. I bought quite a few 12x12 sheets in different gorgeous colours
just before Christmas last year, and used a silver sheet, which showed up
as a dirty grey, and this gold looks quite brown. IRL they are so sparkly,
one almost has to wear sunglasses! 

A closer look at this little sweetie. As with the glittered cardstock,
reds never seem to photograph true to colour.

I punched a tiny flower for the poinsettia centre, and added an 
even tinier gem. The snowflake die-cut is from the same gold c/s as
the snowflake border.

Inside my card. Although the matting looks brown, it is 
definitely red!

Challenges I would like to enter
Crafting With Dragonflies #14 - 'Make Own Flower Embellishments'
Christmas Cards All Year Round - 'Winter Wonderland'
A Gem Of A Challenge #104 - 'Christmas Is Coming'
Polkadoodles #44 - 'Anything Goes Christmas'
I Love Promarkers #193 - 'All That Glitters'
Inky Impressions #133 - 'Dies and Punches'
Sparkle and Sprinkle -'Anything Goes with 
glitter,embossing powder, &/or flocking
A Little Bit Crafty - 'Sparkle and Shine'
Christmas Card #49 - 'Dimension'
C.R.A.F.T. #232 - 'Christmas'
Deep Ocean #64 - 'Winter'

Image - Lili of the Valley Shine a Light
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Kaisercraft
Dies - Marianne Snowflake Trio; Joy Craft Snowflake Border; Sullivans Scalloped Border; Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, Labels Eight and Decorative Labels Eight, Labels ?Four.
Punch - Carl Vinca
Gems and Stickles from my junk stash

For a chance to win a lovely prize, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies, and enter our 'Christmas in November' challenge.

"Happy Crafting"
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

20 comments:

  1. Oh hun, this is gorgeous! And I can imagine that fab border sparkling like crazy in the sunlight. Fab image and a super design. Love love love it. Hugs Sxx PS. Vince sends grumpy purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is gorgeous Jennifer, I love the cute image and wonderful sparkling detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer, Beautiful card inside and out! The image is wonderful and colored so nicely. I love all of the embellishments you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jennifer. The image is adorable and I love all the sparkle.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is a coming all right - great opportunity to get a card made early especially as poinsettias are so Christmas. Love yours and the beautiful layout - image colour and bling etc. A fabulous card Jennifer and thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jennifer ..I love the cute image and fabulous sparkle..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jennifer - adorable image and beautiful detailing.
    Thanks for playing along at AGOAC this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 149 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card and your colouring of that image from LOTV is fabulous. I really like all the sparkly and shine. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge to make a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sparkly and pretty! Wow! Thank you for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Jennifer. I love that border down the right. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got an awful feeling that I put The Paper Shelter instead of I ♥ Promarkers Jennifer. My apologies if I did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inky Impressions for our dies and punches challenge, good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and the image is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I love all the sparkle! Thank you for joining us at A little bit Crafty! Hope you join us next time :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have some candy on my blog if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/all-crafts-challenge-octnov-midway.html

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.