Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Memories of Velvety Roses


I hope this post 'goes public' at the correct time as I have scheduled it. I have had to go into hospital for a bit of an op. for biopsies, but hopefully will be home tonight, and getting good news in a few days time. I generally react badly to anaesthetics, so thought it would be safer to schedule my post.

The weather is definitely getting more bizarre...just a few weeks ago, we were on evacuation alert because of dreadful bushfires nearby, and were experiencing temperatures in the mid to high 30s. Now we have floods after many days of continuous, torrential rain...yesterday here in the Hunter Valley had the highest rainfall, in a single day, on record. We are back in winter clothing and bedding. It is freezing cold, yet it is only 10 days or so until summer.

At Penny's Paper Crafty, we have a new challenge for you, and our
theme this week is one you all love -

'ANYTHING GOES'

A big "Thank You" to our generous sponsors, who this week are
and



 I was given this lovely digi stamp, Rose Frame, by Floppy Latte Designs and immediately
thought "mmmm velvety, deep burgundy roses. Do you ever have distant memories of
some happy moment, that flash in, then out of your mind in a split second, but you
cannot quite recall the time, place and circumstance? Well, I had that experience with
these lovely roses...I can even recall the rich, heady perfume, but cannot for the life
of me remember anything else about them. Oh dear, is this a sign of getting old???

A closer look at the gorgeous roses. I coloured them with my Promarkers, 
and that took quite some time, as I coloured each petal, one by one, 
using 2 reds and a pink.

Inside my card, with a large area on which to write a personal message.
The cardstock I used for the layering is from the same 12x12 burgundy 
sheet, but has photographed anywhere from red to black.

Challenges I would like to enter:-
Addicted To Stamps and More #72 - 'Make Your Mark'
Divas By Design - 'Make It Pretty'
Songbird # 28 - 'Favourite Song' (The Rose - Bette Midler)
Through The Purple Haze - 'Pink, Purple or Red'

Image - Floppy Latte Designs digi Rose Frame
Colouring - Promarkers
Embossed Paper - unknown (pkt. bought several years ago)
Punch - Martha Stewart PATP Pansies
Peel-off stickers from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our 'Anything Goes' challenge.

Until tomorrow night, when I will have another scheduled post for you, "happy crafting".
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

12 comments:

  1. Oh hun, this is absolutely beautiful, love it. Am sending you huge get well wishes and am praying for that good news for you. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Jennifer. Such a beautiful image and your colouring is fabulous. I love the layout too.
    I hope you get on okay at the hospital, sending you hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Jennifer. The flowers are so pretty.
    I hope your op went well and that you are home soon, safe and sound.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Jennifer. Your gorgeous roses are beautifully coloured, roses are one of my favourites and perfectly framed with the lovely punched borders. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this card! Actually, I love the roses <3 Time well invested, cause they turned out gorgeous! Beautiful, elegant design too. Thanks for joining us at Through The Purple Haze :)

    Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses, I can begin to conjur up their smell ;) hope you are recovering well from your hospital stay. Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful I love the image you have used. Also the frame inside the card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at TTPH Challenges. Becky - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning. I hope you are feeling ok after your op. Thanks for joining us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Your coloring is great!

    Thanks for playing along overat Songbird Challenge.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer,
    This looks gorgeous. Your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This certainly is 'pretty' Jennifer, perfect for our challenge at Diva's this week!
    Thanks for sharing and good luck with the draw
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.