Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Snowlady

Yet another week has raced on by, therefore it is time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty. This time our challenge couldn't be easier...on your creation just...
'ADD A SENTIMENT'
This could be for any occasion; Christmas, birthday, anniversary, baby, get well, etc.

We have 2 generous sponsors this week, who are offering great prizes.
and

I was asked to choose any image from the wonderful range of images from
Fred She Said Designs. It was difficult to narrow my choice down to just one,
but I finally chose this ever so sweet digi, Snow Lady-Light Up Your Holidays.
She was a delight to colour, and I think is destined to become one of my favourite
Christmas images. I smothered all my snowflakes with Stickles Star Dust.

A closer look at Snow Lady.

I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the panel inside my card, and punched
a snowflake border into a narrow panel of the lovely blue DP. It has VERY subtle
snowflakes and checks, and is the most beautiful quality. Sadly, I only bought one 
12x12 sheet about 4 years ago at a clearance sale in a hall, and have procrastinated
about using it. (Yes, I have confessed to you all that I am a hopeless paper addict!).
The 3 tiny snowflakes are the negatives from the punched border...I keep all of these
(in many colours), in a tiny, clear container. 

I downloaded this fabulous font from a freebie site when I bought my first
computer, many years ago, and promptly forgot all about it until I bought
a new computer recently. I am sorry, but I cannot remember the source.

Side-on view of my card.

Challenges
2 Sisters #169 - 'Christmas Sparkle'
A Little Bit Crafty - 'Sparkle and Shine'
Colour Me Creative #81 - 'Winter, frosty and Cold' 
Crafty Calendar - 'All Things Christmas'
Crimbo Crackers #54 - 'Christmas Words'
Deep Ocean #64 - 'Winter'
Paper Playtime #23 - 'Sparkle'
Papertake Weekly - 'Snow and Ice'
Songbird #28 - 'Favourite Song' (Frosty the Snowman)
Sparkle and Sprinkle - 'ATG with glitter/embossing powder/flocking'
Through The Purple Haze - 'Winter/Christmas with optional people or animals'

Image - Fred She Said Designs digi Snow Lady - Light Up Your Holidays
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Unknown
Sentiment - Computer generated Christmas Lights Outdoor Font
Dies - Spellbinders Classic & Scalloped Circles; Tim Holtz Snowflakes; Memory Box Precious Snowflakes
Punches - Martha Stewart PATP Snowflakes; Carl Snowflake;
Stickles Star Dust, gems, from my junk stash

I hope none of you are like me, starting to panic that you will not have your Christmas cards finished in time. My New Year's resolution each year is to have them all ready by the beginning of November...BUT, guess what??? Oh dear, I can always try next year.

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our 'Add A Sentiment' challenge.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous snow lady Jennifer. Gorgeous colours and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous snow lady. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 150 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. Thanks too for entering 'winter wonderland' at CCAYR x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snow lady.....just beatufiul..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frosty card is lovely and how fab that the font matches the image so perfectly!
    I am definitely behind on the Christmas card front although perhaps not as much as usual...I'm improving slowly year on year!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
    Stop by our new linky party blog An Inky Situation and Link Up!
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww so lovely. thank you for playing along with TTPH this week,Sian (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your snow lady image it is so cute. Thanks for joining us at TTPH CHallenges Becky -DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and just love the Christmas lights font it is adorable, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card :) Love the snow lady, haven't seen one before!!! Love all the details - punching, dies, stickles and colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie
    (PS: I haven't got ANY Christmas cards made yet! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute snow(wo)man. It's such lovely looking image and sweet card. Thanks for playing with us over at PTW.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Christmas card! I love that image and your gorgeous snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a festive lttle snow lady.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. You card is so sweet! Thanks for making me smile. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute Christmas card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at songbird challenge! Hugs Sophie DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those snowflakes!! Great card, Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful coloring! Adorable card and love the touch of sparkle. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.