Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 24 November 2013

Wedding Roses


A few months ago, I made this card for a wedding in September, and forgot
to post it on my blog, so here it is now. The lovely couple are Veronica and
Antonio, hence the 'V' and 'A'.
 
I took the photos on 2 consecutive days, and although the weather was the same both 
days, I can't believe how different the colours are. The true colours are closer to the
ones below. I used my favourite method of cutting my rose petals and leaves from 
parchment, or vellum, then handpainting them with dye inks before shaping them. 
It is a very time-consuming process, but the end result is quite satisfying.

A closer look at the roses on the left...
and on the right. These smaller roses were cut with a combination of
Cheery Lynn dies, and Carl punches.

Inside my card matches the front. 

Challenges
Fantastic Tuesday #10 - 'Must Be Square, Make it Fancy'
Songbird #28 - 'Favourite Song' (The Rose)
Through The Purple Haze - 'Pink, Purple or Red'
Unstampabelles #29 - 'Vellum - No Stamps'

Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, Foliage, Rose Creations; Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip, Medium and Large Rose; Cuttlebug Alphabet Olivia
Punches - Carl Butterfly, Carl Retro Daisy,
Embossing - Tied Together (don't remember the brand)
Stamens - Flower Soft
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Adirondack Dye Inks
Ribbon from my junk stash

This is just a short post tonight as it is after 1 a.m., and very unseasonably cold. I have had to keep my computer shutdown all day, because we have had multiple electrical storms, and torrential rain. We have just had a brief break from the storms, but unfortunately there is another brewing, and each crash if thunder is getting closer, so I had better bid you all "good night", and shut-down yet again.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

13 comments:

  1. Wow this is sooo pretty and delicate, I love the pastel hues, thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, hope you will join us again next week..
    Hugs
    Suzy B
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer this is a beautiful card and love those Vellum roses…so clever. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles for our Vellum challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love your roses!!! They are...amazing!!! Beautiful soft colors and elegant design:) Thanks for joining us at Through The Purple Haze :)

    Lisbeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card.. Lovely.. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze.

    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply the most stunningly beautiful card I've seen for some time. I love LOVE your roses! Thanks for taking part in our Unstampabelles Vellum challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo pretty Jennifer. The roses are beautiful and I love teh soft colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card, those roses are lovely! Thanks for joining the Songbird Challenge, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles Challenges and good luck.
    Mags (guest designer for Unstampabelles Challenges)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly I hope the storms did not damage. Secondly, this card is stunning and those flowers are amazing - such much work and so beautiful. The happy couple must have loved the card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are amazing, I think I am going to have to try your method, thanks for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so lovely! thanks for joining in our Vellum Challenge at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jennifer this is so pretty - you do these flowers so well! Love the overall delicate effect.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.