Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Happy Christmas To All!


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FELLOW CRAFTERS!

I hope you all finished all your preparations, and can finally enjoy the visit by
the fat guy in the red suit. We will be leaving shortly to have Christmas tea with
friends at their home. After the awful heat wave temperatures this past week it is
wonderful to have a cooler day and rain. I hope that those of you in the UK are 
safe from what looks like terrible stormy weather and floods.

Yesterday morning, both John and I had appointments with our doctor to renew
our regular prescriptions (oh the joys of getting old!!!), then had planned to do all the Christmas
grocery shopping. However, while with his doctor, John mentioned some 'spots' I have
been nagging him for ages to have checked. As a result, the Doctor said 3 had to come
off immediately. Poor John resembles Frankenstein with his stitches. To top off a
very 'bumpy' year, we now have to wait on biopsy results for a week.

I made my card for John 2 days ago, and really enjoyed doing so. Stepping away from
my usual styles, I created a vintage-look card. It is quite large (A5). 

A closer look at Santa and his reindeer flying over the country side.

Inside my card.

Challenges
Animal Friends #9 - 'Anything Goes' (must have animal)
Creative Belli #185 - 'Christmas'
Christmas Card #4 - 'Make It Masculine'
Top Tip Tuesday #117 - 'Christmas'

Image - Raising Our Kids freebie digi (Untitled)
Colouring - Promarkers 
Paper - First Edition Christmas Village
Sentiment - Computer generated Minster 1 font
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Decorative Labels Eight; Tim Holtz Snowflakes; Reindeer (brand unknown - bought as 'used' at stamp camp)
Ink for sponging - T.H. Distress Ink Antique Linen

Like Santa, I must 'fly' - the rain is now quite heavy, but I have to go outside and put all our furred and feathered babies to bed (John cannot help because some of his stitches are in his foot).

Many of you will just be waking to begin Christmas Day celebrations, and for some the special day is almost ended, so wherever you are I hope you have had, are having, or are about to have a wonderful Christmas!

I hope to visit your lovely blogs in the next few days, so until then,
Big Hugs,
Jennifer. x


10 comments:

  1. Eine ganz tolle Karte. Danke daß du bei den AF mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image you used on your husband's card. It's wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a fab Christmas Jennifer, and hope your hubby's tests turn out fine... Gorgeous vintage card hun, really lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine großartiges Werk hast Du da gewerkelt
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine TN bei Animal Friends
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great scene you created. Love it! Hope your Christmas was terrific - and Happy New Year. Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely vintage card and your little scene is delightful!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and lots of happy wishes for 2014 :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowww ist das eine wunderschöne Karte .Ich bin total begeistert von deiner Gestaltung .Danke das du bei AFC mitmachst LG Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, love all the sparkly bits. I hope John is feeling better now, hugs x Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Such a gorgeous scene. Thanks so much for sharing it at Christmas at Sweet Stampin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card I love the inside too! and hope you are all well there now! and Johns foot is better too! thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this challenge and happy new year! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.