Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

With Deepest Sympathy

Hello my crafting friends,
This is a very brief post tonight to show you the card I made 
for my dear blogging friend in England, Pauline. Her Mum 
finally lost her long battle with cancer recently. Pauline wrote
about her Mum here.
Several years ago, when I was visiting London, I went to a Craft Show
at Esher, and whilst there I bought 2 sheets of beautiful black and white
photos of lillies. I think they may be 'Words Like Honey'. I used the 
largest photo on 1 sheet for this card for Pauline.
A close up of the beautifully lit photo.

I would like to enter the following challenges-
Creative Creations #16 - 'Monochromatic'
My Craft Spot #107 - 'Clean and Simple'
My Time To Craft #230 - 'Sympathy'
ABC #39 - 'Monochromatic Colour'
That Craft Place - 'Monochrome'

Until tomorrow night, thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

11 comments:

  1. Such a elegant card hun, and I know Pauline will appreciate it's beauty and thoughtfulness at this difficult time in her life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card, perfect to say what you need to Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Monochromatic' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful - so classy.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a serene and elgant card Jennifer - thanks so much for sending me this card and most importantly your kind thoughts at such a difficult time. Big ((((hugs)))) to a great friend :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation hun, I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this fortnight, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really elegant Jennifer, I am sure Pauline loved it
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful sympathy card and such a nice tribute for your friend. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! The overall look is stunning and yet the simplicity is just perfect for a sympathy card. GREAT job!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

    Gwen

    http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card and a lovely tribute. So elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo is simply beautiful and your card turned out perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along at ABC Challenges. Hope you'll join us again

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.