Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Love Grows

Hello all my crafting friends,
At Lili's Little Fairies we have another challenge for you, and our theme this week is
'VINTAGE/SHABBY CHIC'
Thank you to our lovely sponsor this week:-
Vintage/shabby chic is definitely a style that is way out of my comfort zone, so my card is about as vintaged and shabbyised (I think I have invented a new word) as I will ever do.
I used the darling LOTV stamp, Love Grows. This one has been around for a fair while, but is still popular, and hasn't lost any of its appeal. I sponged all the edges with Versacolour Umber, then used my Tim Holtz distressing tool on all the edges. I also sponged the greeting tags and twine with the Umber.
I have coloured Love Grows with Promarkers, and used what I felt were vintage colours.
Inside my card matches the front.
A side-on view.

Challenges 
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - 'Bingo' (ribbon or lace, die-cut,tag)
Perfect Sentiments #87 - 'The Great Outdoors'
Papercrafting Journey - 'Distressed/Vintage'
Ruby's Rainbow #60 - 'Vintage'

Stamp - Lili Of The Valley Love Grows
Colouring - Promarkers
Ink - Versacube Umber
Paper - Kaisercraft
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Square, Labels One
Greeting tags - Lili Of The Valley Set 24 Sentiment Tags
Lace, pearls, twine from my junk stash

We would love to see what you create for our Vintage/Shabby Chic Challenge at Lili's Little Fairies.

Until next time, happy crafting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

7 comments:

  1. a very lovely and cute card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous vintage style card jennifer - doesn't look at all out of your comfort zone to me - fab colours and distressing.
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jennifer. The image and design look gorgeous. Perfectly shabbied!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours and distressing are perfect for the vintage theme and I love the image - one of my faves too :-)

    Hugs, Katxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful but also cute Jennifer. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. So vintage! Thanks for playing at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Flourishes Autumn Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.