Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Sympathy Roses

This year, I have had to make so many sympathy cards. They are not a card that any of us enjoy making, are they, and I think that many of you agree that we prefer to make these cards especially for the recipient, rather than have a stash of them in reserve. 

I made this card for a close friend's daughter, whose husband passed away after a long illness. She is a florist, so I thought this lovely digi stamp would be appropriate. It is 'Roses'  by The Digi Doodle Shop, who have now sadly ceased trading.
I kept the design fairly simple, using a dry-embossed background and silver sentiment
and border peel-off stickers. For some reason, the pink butterfly looks peach-coloured,
but it is actually a very similar pink to the roses. Perhaps it is because I used pearlised paper?
The image is coloured with my Promarkers.

I would like to enter this in the following challenge:-
Sentimental Sundays #168 - 'With Sympathy'

Image - Digi Doodle Shop Roses
Colouring- Promarkers
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles
Punch - Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio
Embossing - Cuttlebug Emb. Folder
Peel-off stickers from my stash

It is after midnight, so I must try to get some sleep. I am aching all over, as yesterday, I tripped and fell heavily while being a tour guide at an historic Fort in Newcastle where I volunteer 3 days per week. At my age, I don't 'bounce' as well as I did many years ago.

Back in a few days...so in the meantime, happy crafting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Jennifer, perfect for the occasion.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathy cards are never easy to make; this is a lovely elegant card and such a pretty image.
    Hope your bruises heal soon - poor you :-(
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right...I make my sympathy cards, only when I need too. So much more feeling and emotions are expressed when creating for a specific person/family. Your card is stunning and love your colored roses too. So perfect for the florist. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Beautiful cards.
    Scrapbooking Stores

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.