Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Time to Celebrate

Hello fellow bloggers,
Today is an important date! My blog turns ONE today (month that is)...ha ha ha...scared you didn't I...you thought "Oh my giddy aunt, has Jennifer been blogging for a whole year...I didn't know a year could fly by so fast!!!"  In some ways, it feels much much longer than a month - I have learned so much, and in other ways it feels as if I only began last week.

Today I made a card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, but with the days being so short, the light beat me before I could take photographs for tonight's post. I will post it tomorrow morning, and tonight show you a couple of layouts I did for my Granddaughter Scarlette's scrapbook.


My scrapbooking style is much less ornate than for my cards, because I feel the photos (and the subjects in them) should be the focus.

The spotted paper is an old Kaisercraft one, Pina Colada, and the watery looking vellum, was loose, and unnamed in a local store. I rarely use my Cricut (love, love, love it) for cards, but use it extensively for my scrapbooking, and this page was no exception. I used a silver pen to create faux stitching around all the letters, and Occy's hat was actually a mushroom cap from the same cartridge.


This page didn't take me long to finish, and was fun to do. I just love the bright colours! The paper was from a DCWV 8x8 pack, and the birds and the fine line border are heavily glittered - I couldn't pick it up in the photo. The elephant, sun and flowers are all cut with my Cricut, and the leaves were fussy-cut from a Kaisercraft paper, to match the jungle leaves on Scarlette's walker. The elephant and sun are also on her walker. I coloured the chipboard alphas with my trusty Promarkers, and sponged around the edges of the page with a Versacube inkpad (I think it was Peony).

........Just an update on the little baby boy we have nicknamed 'Tiger'. His heart surgery yesterday was successful, and as per standard treatment, he will be kept in an induced coma for 3-4 days.See post, Tiger, on 7/5/12.

Well that's all tonight folks...I must go and put dinner on. Thanks for looking, and until tomorrow morning...happy crafting.

Jennifer. x







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layouts Jennifer - they look a real labour of love! I've just read the post about Tiger and am delighted that the op was a success. I wish him all the best. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.