Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 21 May 2012

Gardening Bear

Hello fellow crafters,
Greetings on a very cold Sunday night. We are never happy are we - after months of complaining about too much rain here in the Hunter Valley, we are all now complaining that we need some rain desperately.

I have spent most of the weekend catching up the washing, and making the invitations for our 40th wedding anniversary in 6 weeks.  We have invited 22 friends to dinner in a restaurant in our nearest town. My dear friend of almost 50 years, Diane (mentioned in my 1st post) is coming from Queensland. She was my Matron of Honour, as I was her chief bridesmaid. That feels like in another lifetime!




Everyone laughs at the size of the bear's feet. They certainly are large, but then he does need to have a good footing when he is walking around his garden, doesn't he. The image on my card has to be one of my all time favourites. It was given to me in a large box of stamps and assorted paper-crafting goodies, by a lovely young lady, Katie, who I have known since she was a toddler. She has moved onto other interests, including 3 beautiful children, and no longer wants to scrap, or make cards. Thank you again Katie!!!


The card is decorated on the inside to co-ordinate with the front.

Side-on view.

 The stamp is an old PSX one - I have lost count of the number of stamps I have by this now sadly non-existent company...they made such excellent quality stamps.

My new Cheery Lynn Victorian Corner Flourish, and Mini Butterfly dies were used for the first time.

I shall enter this in the following challenges...
          The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - In The Garden
          The ABC Challenge - 'P' for Pockets
          An Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Things with Wings


Until next time...thank you for looking, and happy crafting!

Jennifer. x

Update on little 'Tiger' - he is now home from hospital, and I am thrilled to say that I will be minding him for a couple of hours on Tuesday morning.




11 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer ... This is so lovely, what a cute bear!! Wow congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary, that is a very impressive milestone. Hope you enjoy your special meal :-)
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer ... This is so lovely, what a cute bear!! Wow congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary, that is a very impressive milestone. Hope you enjoy your special meal :-)
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer. That gardening bear is so cute and love all the blues.
    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are indeed serious paws! What an absolute stunner of a card hun, I just love the bear, the colours and all the pretty details. Simply brilliant. Your celebrations sound as if they will be wonderful, early congratulations on such a special anniversary. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful card. He's a lovely bear, & he really suits that blue. Bad luck not having the weather this weekend - we had lovely sun so I've been in the garden all day - ache now but lots done so I'm happy. Hope the anniversary goes well if I'm not back before then. Thanks for joining us at an OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jennifer this is simply beautiful. Gorgeous colouring and fab colour combo. What a great take on our pocket challenge.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous as always Jennifer. Love those bear feet. Too cute. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful interpretation of our In The Garden
    theme , thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh now I am sure that you will create a gorgeous creation with Bella cannot wait to see it, stop sunbathing and get colouring :)
    hugs Kate xx
    WRS DT :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.