Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 5 May 2012

Baby Boy Elephant

Hello fellow crafters,
I just love this little ellie, and as you may remember I used him/her on my 'Welcome Sunny Mae' card recently...pink of course for a baby girl.


This is for no-one in particular, but I was bursting to use my beautiful new Cheery Lynn lace die, and some paper from a new pack. Pastel ginghams and small spot paper, without distressing,  is often difficult to find, but I found this 12x12 pack by accident. Unfortunately they only had 1 left - I would have bought several.

Close-up of the gorgeous lace die-cut

Even if he is a boy elephant, he is allowed pink-painted toenails, isn't he?

As usual I have decorated the inside of my card. There is no bow as on the front, as I used up the last of my minutely narrow ribbon...it took me ages to thread it through the slots.

Side-on view.

I would like to enter this card in 2 challenges...
Cute Card Thursday - 'One for the Boys'
Papertake Weekly Challenge - 'Anything Goes' with optional lace

Image - from computer (see Welcome Sunny Mae post)
Colouring - Promarkers
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Franchville 'Pastel Basics'
Dies - Spellbinder, Cheery Lynn 'Lace Light Deco Border' B133
Other - Kaisercraft Pearls, ribbon from my junk stash

Thank you for looking...enjoy your weekend and happy crafting.

Jennifer. x





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer this is really adorable - perfect for a baby boy .. and I really love your new lace die - I think I want one! I agree that ginghams are so useful ... I used to buy 12 * 12" gingham papers from a local craft shop but they closed down - disaster! However recently I have discovered that several of the online digi paper companies also do ginghams ... and I recently bought 2 gingham downloads from Pink Petticoat - one with colours plus white, and one with colours plus cream (a slightly more vintage look).
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love how you threaded your ribbon through - and the elephant is lovely. Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.