Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 17 May 2012

I'm Back!

Hello fellow crafters,

It is a while since I posted, and I am sorry to say I do not have a card for you tonight. I have been away for a few days, and was busy at the weekend, what with Mothers Day, and other things. I hope all you mothers had a lovely day.

The reason I was away was because I went to Sydney to spend a couple of days with little 'Tiger' (see post on 7/5/12), and give his family a break...particularly his mum who has not left his side. As I mentioned in my post on 9/5/12 the surgery was successful, however, a few hours after my post, one of the repairs to his heart began to leak into the pericardium (a sort of skin around the heart). This pressure caused his heart to stop, and the Drs had to re-open his chest and perform emergency surgery in ICU to release the pressure, and do CPR to revive him. He then had to return to the operating theatre to re-repair the hole. The one blessing was that he was still in the induced coma when all this happened, so he won't have any memory of it.

As if this was not enough for the poor little mite to bear, he then developed a nasty chest infection, which thank goodness is now under control. As ill as he was when I was there he still managed to give me several really big smiles. As I said before, he is the most beautifully natured baby I have ever known!

I had to come home last night as I had several appointments with Drs myself today, but may go back to Sydney on Friday.

I doubt if I will enter any challenges this week, but hopefully will be able to give you a card tomorrow night. At the moment our little chappie has to take 1st priority. Please send some positive thoughts his way - he really is a little fighter.

Until next time...happy crafting.

Jennifer. x

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Jennifer, what an awful time for you, I hope everything is going ok now. I am loving all of your creations x joy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.