Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 18 May 2012

Hugs

Hello Fellow Crafters,
I didn't think I would have a card to post today, but then I remembered that I had this image already coloured, and all the punched and die-cut parts done, so it didn't take too long to put this together. This is such a cute image by Whimsy Stamps. I purchased it, and another a few weeks ago from Bizzy Becs, and have several more on order from her. They are so easy to colour and so adorable I know I will be adding many more to my collection.



I coloured the image with Promarkers...I so love them! The little birdies on the First Edition paper, the roses, and the Bazzill used for matting look as if they are a rusty brown colour, but IRL they are the lovliest deep, antique rose pink colour. I sponged the white circles on the front and in the inside, and the greeting tag with Ash Rose Versacube ink while the die-cuts were still in the die.


Even in the close-up of the little cuties, the glitter does not show up very well. All the little birds on the backing paper are fully glittered, the tiny pink punched flowers have glittered centres, and the butterflies, flowers and gems in the image are glittered.


Side-on view


                                The inside of the card is decorated to match the front.

Stamp - Whimsy Wee "Sweet Blossom'
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - First Edition 'Spring Feast'
Ink - Versacube 'Ash Rose'
Dies - Spellbinder, Cuttlebug 'Baby Face' alphabet
Punches - Martha Stewart, Carl
Other - Flowers, Ranger 'Crystal' Stickles, from my junk stash

I will be entering this in the following challenges -
          Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge - Anything Goes
          I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
          Cute Card Thursday - A Touch of Sparkle


Until next time...happy crafting and thank you for looking.
Jennifer. x












6 comments:

  1. Super sweet card love it!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Whimsy Challenge Blog! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I just love that image - it has to go on my wish list!!
    Love the layout and colours too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer. Lovely card and I like all the decoration on the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and I hope that you will play along next time too.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer this is so very pretty. Stunning colouring of this image.

    Thank you for joining our Anything goes challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Whimsy Digi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzie Jennifer this is totally gorgeous. The image is s cute and your colouring is fabulous ...and I love the colour scheme with your papers and all the pretty details. Glad you have found time to share a card with us this week despite all your caring for Tiger, the poor little mite!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Your coloring is just stunning! Love this image. Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsy Stamps.

    Hugz
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.