Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Aussie Wattle

Hello fellow crafters,
Yellow - mmmm, definitely not my favourite colour for my cards...a touch here and there maybe, but not as the main colour. I think a lot of you feel the same. When I saw the Less is More challenge theme for this week, at first I said to myself "no mam, no way", but then I thought "come on girl, why do they call them challenges!

As I said in my 'Fairy' post, these challenges are making me use long forgotten stamps - I am totally ashamed of myself, but I bought this lovely wattle stamp about 4 years ago, and la la la la la (covering your ears) it has never seen ink!!!!!!!  What more perfect stamp could we have for a yellow challenge than 'Wattle'.


The company that designed and produced this stamp, and the gumnut one on the inside of the card, was a small family owned business based in Sydney, and sadly they retired, and closed the business last year. They were a lovely couple, and the stamps were high quality. Over the years, I bought quite a number of them, but wish I had more.

Side-on view


The inside of the card co-ordinates with the front


A close-up of the lovely corner stamp, made by the same company that made the wattle stamp. I don't know what the white lines are - must be a light flare on the lens.

My card base is made with my new A4 300gsm hammered white cardstock - it feels like velvet. The greeting is a gold peel-off sticker from my HUGE collection - if I live for another hundred years, I don't think I will ever use them all.

This card was made specially for the Less is More Challenge - Yellow.

Stamps - Stamp World
Colouring - Promarkers
Cardstock - House of Paper
Paper - Chatterbox
Other - ribbon and gold peel-off sticker from my junk stash

Thanks for looking...until tomorrow...happy crafting.

Jennifer. x




7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jennifer and I'm so glad that you didn't give up on us this week!
    You'd be surprised how many times I hear people say that our challenges get them digging out long forgotten stamps... it's great that they get an airing!
    Super job.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jennifer - I struggle with yellow too but you've done a really great job :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending back love from germany!

    clean and simple, and fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun, isn't it. Really a challenge, but the result is great. I love that you made a matching inside of your card.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow isn't my go-to colour either but I've loved seeing everyone's bright splashes of yellow this week. Your card is lovely - that image couldn't be more perfect for the colour! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image, beautifully coloured
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.