Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Birthday Hedgie

Hello fellow crafters,

We could be fooled into thinking that spring has sprung, here in the Hunter Valley. The past few days have been glorious, with temperatures in the mid-high 20s. It is now dark outside, and I am sitting here in shorts and a T- shirt. The weather people though say we will be only in the mid teens by the weekend.


The card I have for you is the one I made yesterday but because of fading daylight when I finished it, I could not photograph it until today.

Close-up of the hedgie, flowers, and bow. The bow was in a packet of about 30 that I bought many years ago in the post Christmas sales. I coloured it lightly with Baby Pink Promarker, then smothered it with 'Crystal' Stickles.

Side view - isn't it amazing how the colours look so different, even though I did all the photographs in the same position, within minutes of each other.

The card fully opened, showing the slide-out tag on which to write a message.


Fully opened from above.


From above with easel front in place.

I will now enter my card in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The theme this week is a 'Case It' Challenge.

Stamp - Penny Black 'Critter Party' T for Transparent clear set
Colouring - Promarkers
Cardstock - Bazzill, House of Paper
Paper - First Edition 'Hideaway'
Dies - Spellbinder
Punches - Martha Stewart
Sentiment - Computer generated 'Viner Hand'
Card Candi - Craftwork cards
Other - Kaisercraft pearls, flowers, stamens, bow, Ranger Stickles - from my junk stash

Once again, thank you for looking and also for your lovely comments. They are so encouraging, especially when you are all so very creative yourselves.
Until next time...happy crafting.

Jennifer. x











10 comments:

  1. Aww this is gorgeous Jennifer - so pretty and cute. I really love your tag on the inside. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jennifer...beautiful card..love those pretty papers...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and beautiful card Jennifer!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lovely cards, great job!

    Hugs!

    Digidarla (a.ka. Kim)
    Feel free to visit my challenge blog at (Digidarla.com and Digitalstampclub.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love the image and the colours you've chosen.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable card Jennifer
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hedgie card Jennifer - love the colours; I know what you mean about colours coming out in photos taken at the same time - I have exactly the same problem but don't know why!! Thanks for comment on photo........something I hate having taken and tend to stick to this one as it's more flowers than me!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer, this is such a sweet card, love all the little details.

    I brighten my cards using Picasa3. It's free to download and really easy to use. We hardly get any sun in the West of Scotland so I use it a lot!!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - such pretty papers!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL as always Jennifer. Hugz Di xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.