Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

Hello fellow crafters, and may I wish each and everyone of you, and your families a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Here I am again, adding to my blog at almost 2am! We have not long been home from the most wonderful party at Fort Scratchley, in Newcastle. The Fort was open only to members of the F. S. Historical Society.

We had what must have been the best vantage point in all of Newcastle. The Fort sits atop a high headland at the entrance to Newcastle Harbour, and has 360 degree views. We looked out over the top of the city, and the parks of the beautifully maintained foreshore. The fireworks were spectacular, and set off only about half a kilometre from us.

The weather could not have been more perfect, with a lovely sea breeze, and the just waning full moon above us. Because we live more than an hour inland, it was a bit of a shock when we arrived home. It is still 29C, and very humid. Apparently tomorrow we are in for 39C!!! YUK!

I promise this is my last Christmas card - I have a hide don't I, showing you a Christmas card for the first day of a New Year, but the only non-Christmas card I have is my first DT card for Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog. The new challenge begins on Wednesday morning (UK time), so I can't show you 'til then.
Yes this is that bear again (Stampavie's Merry Bear). I adore him, and be honest, I did warn you 2 months ago that you would be seeing a lot of him this Christmas. The card was for my Dr's Family Practice.
A close-up of Merry Bear, coloured with my Promarkers.
This is the first time I have used the gorgeous Anastasia border die, by Cheery Lynn.

I am off to have a cold shower, and try to sleep. The tree and all the decorations come down tomorrow, and the house is l.o.n.g overdue for a good clean. All the rich party food is lovely, but I will be glad to get back to ordinary meals - I think I have gained several dress sizes in the last few weeks!

It will also be great making cards other than for Christmas.

Once again, thank you for your visits and comments - I promise I will get back to visiting you in the next few days.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card Jennifer. I love the image and sparkly snowflake.
    Wishing you all the best for 2013.
    Happy New Year
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - inside and out. That little bear is adorable.

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.