Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 31 January 2013

Ballroom Sassy


Hello fellow crafters,
Today's card is for a very special friend, Diane, and I just wanted to make this card to tell her how much I value our friendship. We have been friends for an amazing 50 years this week!!! We met during our first week in High School, and our mutual love of horses and music had us bonding immediately. Diane was my bridesmaid, and I hers. She and her husband came to our 40th Wedding Anniversary celebration last year. Geographically we have lived long distances apart since we left school, but have maintained our deep friendship through 'thick and thin'. Happy 50th Anniversary dear friend!

  Penny's Paper Crafty has a new challenge for you, and our theme this week is
'ONE FOR THE GIRLS'
This week's sponsors are
and
I have used a digi stamp, Ballroom Sassy by one of our sponsors, Sassy Studio Designs.
She's quite a 'glamour-puss', isn't she.
A closer look. I was pleased at how the Platinum Stickles
shows up in her 'buckle', necklace and hairpin. I
applied it with a 'pokey tool'.
That sparkly DP is just so lucious, I kept my embellishments
to a minimum, so as to not hide it too much.
Challenges I would like to enter are:-
Crafts and Me #118 - 'Favourite Embellishments' (flowers and die-cuts)
The Perfect Sentiment #64 - 'Anything Goes with a Die-cut'
Creative Moments #9 - 'Neutral Colours/Anything Goes' (Winner)
Passion For Promarkers #183 - 'Add Sparkle'
An Oldie But a Goodie - 'Glitz and Glamour'
(dies 7mths to 7 yrs old, card candi 4yrs old)
Paper Pretties #243 - 'Square Card'
Anything Goes #85 - 'Monochrome'
The Craft Room - 'Monochrome'

Image - Sassy Studio Designs - Ballroom Sassy
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - First Edition Blank Canvas
Dies - Spellbinders Floral Ovals, Classic and Scalloped Ovals; Cheery Lynn Flourish Leaf Strip; Cuttlebug Vintage (cut in half)
Sentiment - Kaisercraft Friendship Sentiments
Card Candi - Craft Work Cards
Ink for Stamping & sponging - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Pearls, flowers, and Platinum Stickles from my junk stash.

For a chance to win some great prizes, why don't you visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.

Until next time, happy crafting and thank you for looking.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennifer. The image looks fab and I love the colours and layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your post. It's lovely to hear of such a strong friendship lasting all those years.
    Your card is beautiful and I'm sure that your friend will cherish it!
    Beautifully coloured and the inside is gorgeous too.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's one glamorous lady Jennifer, love how you coloured her! Her eyes are striking! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I love your colours and the buckle looks fab! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow Jennifer, this is absolutely gorgeous! :) Lovely colours and details.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the colors, that small touch of aqua on her eyes and feathers give it a wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning creation, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your lovely comment, your card is gorgeous such a beautiful image and lovely colours.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely thanks for joining us at creative moments and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous...tfs!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  14. THIS IS GORGEOUS! Thats the only word to describe it. What did you use for the brown corners ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am having difficulty find the digi stamp on Sassy's site. Could you point me in the right direction?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah,
      Thank you for your kind comment, and enquiry. I checked out your blog...lovely cards...so glad you are blogging again.

      I tried to email you with your profile and blog email addresses, but they seem to be no longer active??

      To answer your queries, the brown corner die-cut is a very old Cuttlebug set of 4, 2"x2" dies called 'Vintage Corners' - I just cut two of them, and then cut each of those in half. (I often do that with small medallion type die-cuts to create something different).

      As for the Sassy digi stamp, she is definitely called 'Ballroom Sassy'. I was alloted her to use for my Design Team project. I had a look on the Sassy Studio Designs shop website, and could not find her either. I think I read that they have been having trouble with their site, so perhaps you could email them, using the email link on the left side of their sidebar.

      I hope this has been of some help to you, Deborah.

      Hugs,
      Jennifer. x

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.