Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 7 January 2013

Out With the Old

Hello fellow crafters,
These are a few very quick cards I made in an effort to use up some of the old stash I have collected over the years. However, I don't think I made the slightest 'dent' in my supplies.
I bought quite a few of the little bows with a pearl circlet, and I must admit they look lovely on baby girl cards. The pretty border punch was from a set of punches purchased about 12 years ago from a major chain store, and the cardstock and purple paper are pearlised.
In 2004, during a trip to London to visit.....no, not the Queen...our son, I went to a craft show at Esher. Along with lots of other goodies, I bought a packet of these elegant silhouette die-cuts, and a packet of very long, narrow envelopes. When I came home, I 'squirreled' them away, and forgot about them. You may have read in a previous post that I found a large stash of forgotten goodies when I cleaned out the top of a very high craft cupboard, and these items were among them. The 3 circles were cut with a SB die, and mounted with 3D tape. 

If I live to be 150, I don't think I will decrease my supply of peel-off stickers significantly.
Several years ago, I bought quite a few assorted sheets of 12x12 scrapbooking paper from an Australian family-owned company, called Paper Pleasure Plus. They have since closed down. Their paper was of beautiful quality - heavy weight and unique. I used a SB die to cut these lovely deeply-embossed roses, and peel-off border stickers to dress the edges. 

I did not decorate the inside of this card and the one above, but just inserted a plain white insert sheet instead. 
Challenges I would like to enter are:-
Hotshot Craft #14 - 'Clean and Simple'
Corrosive #165 - 'Out With The Old'

Until next time, happy crafting, and thank you for visiting.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x


4 comments:

  1. A lovely selection of cards Jennifer. Love the CAS designs. The border punch on the top one is very pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer - 2 very pretty cards and a very elegant one ... great idea to try to use up your stash. I too have vowed i'm not going to buy more (particulary stamps) when I have so many uninked .. and like you I too have loads of peel offs which I have to admit are hiding in my cupboard somewhere! I have today dug out a very old stamp to make a card though, as well as starting on some of my recent stamp acquisitions :-)
    Take care
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you joined us at the Corrosive challenge this fortnight. Love those silhouette stickers, they are so cool. Good using up some stash!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.