Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Butterfly Waterfall


Good evening fellow crafters,

Hot, hot, hot!! We are only 3 weeks into spring here in Australia, and already we have temperatures in the mid 30sC. The grass is dead, brown and tinder-dry, and there are constant hot, dry westerly winds. There are widespread Total Fire Bans, but there have been major bushfires in many parts of NSW already, so we are dreading what sort of summer we are in for!

Australia is certainly a continent of extremes, as expressed in Dorothea Mackeller's famous poem 'My Country'..."...of droughts and flooding rains...her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me". The poet was English, but grew to love Australia, and wrote the poem while living just a few kilometres from where I live.

At Penny's Paper Crafty we have a new challenge for you.
Our theme for this week is
'Waterfall Cards' 
There are lots of tutorials on the internet on how to make a
Waterfall card. However, if you don't wish to try this technique,
you may make an
'Easel Card'.

Our challenge is kindly sponsored this week by

and

I was given Polka Dot Pals Daisy digi stamp, by Little Miss Muffet Stamps, 
and this is what I created with her.
My 'waterfall' is straight IRL. I added Crystal Stickles to every
butterfly on the designer paper.

A closer look at Daisy with her bag and balloons.
I coloured her with my Promarkers.

Rather than stamp images on my 'waterfall', I cut out
butterflies from the designer paper.

Inside my card with more cut-out butterflies, this time in profile.

Challenges
LEJ Designs #72 - 'Lots of Layers'
Crafty Cardmakers -'Winged Things'
Crafter's Cafe #30 - 'Dies and Punches'
Tammy's Scrappin Corner #81 -'Happy Birthday'


Image - Little Miss Muffet Stamps digi Polka Dot Pals Daisy
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Crafters Choice Princess
Sentiment - Wild Rose Studio
Dies - Spellbinders 
Ribbon, brads from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty
and enter our 'Waterfall Card/Easel Card challenge.

Until tomorrow night when I will be back with another card,
"Happy Crafting".
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and the waterfall bit is such a great idea! You were very patient adding all those little dots of glitter - worth it as they look fab :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice waterfall card! I like it :)
    Vania xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love the composition and layout, the colours are fab and I love the butterflies! thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe this week! Mo CCCB DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. Great coloring. Love your kitties. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card! I love the colors you used. Thank you for coloring along with us at CCCB.

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi to you I love your card and the waterfall part thanks for sharing with tammy's scrapin corner this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Jennifer. Love your coloring and all your pretty DP. Great job!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Tammy’s Scrapin Corner. I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

    I would like for you to join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria DT

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great waterfall card love the layering and cute image and papers-thanks for joining us at Lej designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous.. Love the waterfall on the side and all the yellow.. Thanks for joining us over at Tammy's Scrapin Corner...

    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi back again just to say-thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is an absolute corker! I love the butterflies!! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.