Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Patchwork Warren

Last Thursday it was my neighbour, Rosalie's birthday. Rosalie is also one of my closest friends. She loves the colour blue, so of course the card I made her was predominantly blue. 
Early this year I bought some Spellbinders Hexagonal Dies, and I am ashamed to admit that this is the first time I have used them. I used the smallest die in the set to cut the pretty papers, that were free with a magazine. When I attached them to the cardstock, I added faux stitching. 

The image with matching greeting is Warren by Craftwork Cards. I bought several packs of assorted images of Warren several years ago, at a craft show at 'Ally Pally' in London. He can be coloured with most media. As I write this, some of you will be at the same show at 'Ally Pally'. (How I wish I could join you!!).
The inside of my card is fairly basic with a large area on which I wrote my birthday Message to Rosalie.

Challenges
Anything Goes #100 - 'In The Garden-Add Some Butterflies'
An Oldie But A Goodie - 'Dies and Punches'
Bunny Zoe's Craft - 'Something Blue'

Image - Craftwork Cards Warren
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Jennifer Ellory - free with Quick Cards magazine
Dies - Spellbinders Hexagons, Classic and Scalloped Circles
Punches - Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio; EK Success Scalloped Corner
Card Candi - Craftwork Cards

Thank you all so much for visiting...until next time...
Hugs,
Jennifer. x



5 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Jennifer. The image is adorable and I love the hexagonal background.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just love this hun! Warren is fab (I have him in stamp form) and congratulations on perfect patchwork. Beautiful card sweetie. Hugs xx PS. Miaow mew purr to the Cookie Monster xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer - just haveing a mega catch up after my holiday ... this card is gorgeous, the patchwork effect is fabulous (i have meant to get some hexagon dies but never got round to it and i think I might now!)
    I'll email sometime this week when i emerge from my holiday laundry pile!
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet. Thanks for playing with us at BunnyZoe, and so sorry I'm so late leaving you a comment.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.