Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Bubble Bath

Cookie and I would like to thank all of you who have sent lovely get-well wishes
to our dear little Cookie, after all his woes. He is recovering
well, and yesterday, our vet was very pleased with his progress.

Today is a very special occassion. Lili's Little Fairies is now officially 
Crafty Little Fairies!!! We have a beautiful new, fresh and colourful look, 
thanks to lots of 'candle-burning-long-into-the-night' hours by Squirrel and Angie.
We have opened up our challenge to any stamps, not just LOTV. Digis are
okay too, so there is no excuse for not entering our first (and future)
challenges. We would love to see what you create. 

Previously, the DT was divided into 'A' Team and 'B' Team, but NOW 
we are Blue Fairies and Pink Fairies. I am 'tickled' that I am a Pink Fairy,
'cos pink is my favourite colour. Each team usually alternates each week,  
but to celebrate our new beginnings, Fairies from both teams have created
cards for you, so pop over to Crafty Little Fairies, and see all the scrummy
creations by my fairy teamies.

Our first challenge at Crafty Little Fairies is one I am sure you will all love...
I know all of us on the DT do.

'CUTE 'N' CUDDLY CRITTERS'

We have 2 lovely, generous sponsors
and

but you have to work a little bit harder for this one - the winner will be selected 
randomly from all the blogs who display our new logo...


Old habits are hard to break, so although I could have used any image, I chose to
use this this sweet LOTV stamp 'Bubble Bath'.

As usual, I coloured the image with Promarkers. I also added Stickles Crystal 
to the bubbles. I think perhaps there may be a little bit of 'toesies' going on
in the tub......what do you think?

A closer look at the lovely flowers. I put Stickles all over them, but the photo
hardly shows it. The pins are just pearl-head sewing pins, with some recycled
'pearls' from old necklaces of mine.

Inside my card matches the front. I really must use that lovely
Spellbinder die more often...it is so pretty, as are the others
in that set.

Challenges:-
The Perfect Sentiment #90 - 'Ribbon, Baker's Twine, 
Seam Binding, or use all 3'
Passion For Promarkers #214 - 'Pink and Pearly'
Tuesday Throwdown #163 - 'Best Friends'
Rhedd and Rosie's #14 - 'For Ladies'
Lili Of The Valley - 'Ribbon or Lace'

Image - LOTV Bubble Bath
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - LOTV
Paper - First Edition Spring Drop
Dies - Spellbinders; Cheery Lynn
Flowers, ribbon, pearl heart, pins, Stickles, all from my junk stash 

Early tomorrow morning I will set out to travel to the beautiful Watagan Mountains for a stamp camp. I have lost count of the years I have been going to this one...I think it is 13 years. It is held twice each year, and sometimes I go to one, but if the finances can withstand the shock, I attend both. 

It is lovely to catch up with old friends where we laugh, chatter, sleep way too little, and eat way too much. Oh...and sometimes we get some crafting done! During last year's camp, I demonstrated how to create my parchment roses, and this year I have been asked to do so again.

If I don't put my 'skates' on soon, I will not be packed in time, so I will bid you "good evening", and wish you "happy crafting". 

For a chance to win a lovely prize, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairiesand enter our very first challenge, 'Cute 'n' Cuddly Critters'.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x 

14 comments:

  1. what a lovely card, the pink and chocolate colours are lovely. The image is really sweet :)too. Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, thanks for sharing with us @ Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I want to know what is going on under the water in that bath, but they do look to be a lot in love, so all is good! Gorgeous card hun, love this lots. Enjoy your stamp-camp, it sounds like a lot of fun. Is Cookie going with you? This might be my opportunity to nab him......mwahahahaahaa Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jennifer. The image is adorable and i love the pretty colours and details.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love the image and your design. Thanks for entering Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck! Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jennifer
    Your card is gorgeous, I love that cute image and your colouring is so beautiful. All the details you have added are gorgeous
    I am pleased that Cookie is making a good recovery
    Whilst I'm here, thank you for taking part in this week's Passion for Promarkers Challenge
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Jennifer! Lovely coloring and great flowers. I don't think I've ever shared a tub with my "best friend" but I love the card, anyway! Thanks so much for playing in our "Best Friends" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown and good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absoluletly adorable.. I love your image and the beautiful ribbon and flowers.. Perfect for our challenge this week.Thanks for joining us over at Perfect Sentiments for this weeks challenge.

    Pam
    Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card love all those wonderful flowers. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post, great blog, following :)

    Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet image and a fabulous layout. Thanks for playing with us at Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck, and I hope you'll join us again.

    Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the stamp and the color of your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Perfect Sentiments,
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous Jennifer, such a pretty card in every way.
    Thanks for joining in our ribbon and lace challenge, good luck!

    Anne
    Lili of the Valley x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable jennifer - i jsut love this LotV stamp as it is so romantic! Your colour scheme and embellies are all so pretty too - love it!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.