Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

Hello fellow crafters,
I think the global weather has gone crazy - while all of you in the Northern Hemisphere are freezing your little toes off under heavy snow, we here in Australia are experiencing temperatures way above normal, and extremely high humidity which is very unpleasant. While much of eastern Australia is still recovering from severe floods, there are major bushfires out of control in Victoria.

We could talk about the weather endlessly, but let's get onto more interesting things. Penny's Paper Crafty has a new challenge for you, and our theme is
'ANYTHING BUT SQUARE' 
Our generous sponsors are
 I was given this cute image, Little Tree, by Limited Runs Digital Stamps to play with, and this is what I created.
The card base was cut using my Cricut.
As usual, I coloured the image with Promarkers. I put dots of  Liquid Pearls
on the image's snowflakes, but as I suspected it would, the ink 'bled' through, so,
when the Liquid Pearls was dry, I then added Star Dust Stickles on top.
Side-on view
Inside the card. Those 2 little trees are bright green stickers with gold stars
but the refelection of the red card stock above them makes
them look black and red.
Challenges I would like to enter are:- 
Passion For Promarkers #191 - 'Bingo (die-cut, free, glitter)
Paper Makeup Stamps #81 - 'Fancy Folds'
Can You Digi It #32 - 'Pick A Season' (WINNER)
Whoopsidaisy - 'Use A Digi'

Image - Limited Runs 'Little Tree'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Grant Archival; Art Stamps Australia Silver Glittered
Dies - Cricut, Accent Essentials cartridge; Marianne Snowflakes, and Poinsettia; Spellbinders Classic Ovals
Others - Stickles Star Dust, Icicles, Liquid Pearls, Peel-off stickers 

It felt strange creating a Christmas card in March, but I may continue the trend so I can avoid the awful sense of panic I usually have in November and December.

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.

Until next time, thank you for visiting, and "Happy Crafting".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card Jennifer. The image looks great and I love the colours and shape.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, image and awesome coloring. Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll! LOVE your sweet image and I adore the amazing glittery details! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the shape and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Love the shape and sparkly touches.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy with your gorgeous card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer, what a gorgeous shaped card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet image jennifer - well done on getting started with your Chrimbo cards - I've still only made two!!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Christmas card! The decoration on the inside is great too!

    Thank you for playing with us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your adorable card WON at CYDI? Email me at canyoudigiit at gmail dot com to claim your prize. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.