Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Blossoms and Fans


Hello fellow crafters, and welcome to my newest follower, Penny. We met at a Stamp Camp last weekend.
Penny's Paper Crafty has a new challenge, and our theme this week is
'RIBBON AND DIE CUTS'
Our generous sponsors this week are

I must admit when I was given the lovely Floppy Latte Design's 
Oriental Beauty to play with, I wasn't sure how I was going to 
bring her to life. I thought "mmm, oriental....washi paper, lots of 
red, and other bright colours...", then I found this lovely paper in
 my junk stash; remembered that I had a little gold fan; and the card 
took over, dictating what it wanted next. I am happy that it did.
The ribbon is metallic, and very shiny, but I could not get 
that to show up in the photo. I die-cut two of the bare
branches for the card front, then cut those into several 
pieces, rearranging them to fit the design.
The inside of the card co-ordinates with the front. These five 
flowers are punched from pearlised paper, with Liquid Pearls 
centres, while the flowers on the front are die-cuts.

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
Passion For Promarkers #189 - 'From Around The World'
Creative Moments #12 'Add A Sentiment'
Fab 'n' Funky #162 - 'Add A Sentiment'
Image - Floppy Latte Designs Oriental Beauty
Paper - Cristina Re
Dies - Memory Box Woodland Branch; Cottage Cutz Spring Vine Wreath (flowers only used); Spellbinders Classic Rectangles
Punches - Carl Vinca; Making Memories Corner Rounder
Sentiment - Wild Rose Studio Cute Greetings
Fan and ribbon from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.

Until next time, happy crafting, and thank you for visiting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous oriental card Jennifer. the image looks fabulous and I love the colours and little gold fan.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, wonderful design, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Nice paper you used.

    Hugs, Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer, you card is gorgeous and fits our theme perfectly. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that you've used any promarkers on this particular card so you won't be eligible for our prize draw. We hope you can join us at Passion for Promarkers challenge again. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with a great image and design. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful isnt it great when the card designs it self - thanks for sharing with Fab n funky.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the image and perfect layout you have used. Absolutely Fabulous card.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jennifer. Love the paper and the layout and the little fan is a lovely embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer,
    This is such a gorgoeus card. The elements work together perfectly. Thanks for sharing it at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very stylish card Hun ... Fabulous and original colour scheme for an Oriental card. Love the woodland branch ... Looks very Oriental in this context but I bet it is very versatile.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.