Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

D.I.Y. Handyman Mouse

Hello fello crafters, and welcome to Joan, my newest follower. I hope you enjoy your visits.
Over at Penny's Paper Crafty we have a new challenge for you, and our theme this week is
'STITCHING - REAL OR FAUX'
This time we have been generously sponsored by



I was given this handsome chappie by QKR Stampede to play with.
My stitching is faux, and I made the tiny pencils by cutting one end off some
toothpicks, and colouring them with my Promarkers.
I coloured the D.I.Y. mouse with my Promarkers.
A close-up view of my tiny 'toothpick and Promarker' pencils.
Inside the card is decorated to match the front.

Image - QKR Stampede digi stamp 16801 Taking Notes
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - First Edition Family Ties
Die - Spellbinders Classic Square
Ink for sponging - Versacube Baby Blue
Pens for faux stitching - Signo (white), Staedtler (grey)
Peel-off sticker greeting from my junk stash

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
QKR Stampede #28 - '3 of Something' (3 pencils, 3 buttons on his overalls, 3 layers of DP below the image)  TOP 5!
Crafty Boots - 'Old, New, Borrowed or Blue' (old-greeting sticker;new-digi image;blue-DPs)
Pause, Dream, Enjoy #5 - 'For The Boys'
Anything Goes #87 - 'Make It Manly'
Stamp and Create - 'Fur or Feathers'
Cards For Men #5 - 'Monochrome'

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.
Until next time, happy crafting, and thank you for visiting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jennifer. The image is so sweet and I love t helayout and colours. The little pencils look great - a brilliant idea.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a stunning card - I love that little image

    Thanks for joining us at cards for Men.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so creative. Love the design with the pencils, faux stitches and design of the sentiment as well. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and I love the toothpick pencils, they are brilliant. Great layout and fab image.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable !! Thanks for sharing your amazing card with us at ATG xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just too too cute, love the little pencils and the layers!

    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges:)
    Elaine
    PDEC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Jennifer. You are going to cost me a FORTUNE. I absolutely love that card. It's brill. Inspired idea with your toothpicks and that image is so to die for, I had to google the company 'cause I've got to have him. Well, what a fantastic selection of images they've got. Better check my paypal account, pmsl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp & Create x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the card Jennifer but those 'pencils' did it for me! They are ACE!! Thank you for joining in with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card Jennifer and the li'l pencils are an inspired touch!,
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.