Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Sympathy Card

Hello fellow crafters,
Recently, I found out that a friend's father had passed away. He was in his nineties, and until a few months ago, when he was diagnosed with cancer, he was very active and independent, so I suppose it was a blessing that he did not suffer for an extended time.
I believe sympathy cards are difficult for most of us to make, especially when they are for friends. I always like to keep these cards fairly simple, with a minimum of embellishments.

For this one, I used 'Birds and Swirls' embossing folder. However, I do not know the brand. I did not photograph the inside, as it is the same as the front, without the sentiment. By omitting the sentiment, there was sufficient space on the blank area to write my personal message to my friend.

Thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

6 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are so difficult to make but this one is perfect Jennifer. A beautiful elegant design
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very simple, but elegant card Jennifer. I am sure your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful embossed card Jennifer, very elegant and perfect for the occasion.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect design Jennifer. I like the way the embossing adds subtle image without detracting from the message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never do sympathy cards but you have done this perfectly,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant Jennifer. I love the simplicity of it, you are so right about them being difficult to make, but you've got it cracked with this.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.