Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 14 November 2014

Holly, Pine, and Poinsettia

EDITED:- I don't know what is going on, or how to fix the problem.....
I put this post in my drafts folder, on 14/11/14, at 1.24pm, but actually
finished it off and published it today, 26/11/14 at 4.11pm. However, it
is publishing with the draft date and time??? I regularly put posts in my
drafts folder, but this has never happened before? I hope this won't
affect the challenges I wish to enter...I am not 'backdating'.

I'm baaaaack...yes (I did warn you), with another poinsettia card!
This one is similar to one I created earlier this year.

With this card, I rounded the corners, added my French glass bead sprays,
and used a Sparklet for the poinsettia centre.

A closer look at the poinsettia, foliage, and bead sprays.

Inside my card has a very large area on which to write
my personal Christmas greetings.

One of the challenges I wish to enter is Beccy Muir's at Beccy's Place. She has
a really fun challenge that lasts right through November. There is a different
challenge theme each day, and she gives out her wonderful digital images as
prizes. Today she asks us to create something that is influenced by the style of
someone whose work we admire. Beccy has created a lovely card that echoes
those of Kittie Caracciolo, whose work I myself have admired for several 
years, along with that of Selma Stevenson.

Dies - Spellbinders Poinsettia; Cheery Lynn Holly Leaf Strip; Memory Box Grand Merry Christmas; Impression Obsession Pine Branch; Marianne Mini Poinsettia.
Punch - EK Success Scalloped Corner Rounder
Sparklet - Kaisercraft
Beads from my junk stash

Challenges
Allsorts #286- 'No Designer Papers Allowed'
Beccy's Place Day 26 - 'What's Your Style?'

I hope you are all chugging along steadily with your Christmas preparations, and not getting too stressed! Just keep thinking........"In 4 weeks and 2 days, Christmas 2014 will be a memory!"

Until then, thank you for visiting.
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x






4 comments:

  1. Oh! This is wonderful! I love your style.
    Cheers, Liv in Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant and stylish card Jennifer, I do love a Poinsettia.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge.

    I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jennifer, you're so good at putting gorgeous poinsettia cards together, I just love the dies you use. I love the sentiment too, that's a very cool die cut. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.