Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 7 November 2014

Christmas Cardinal

Can you believe that seven weeks from today, Christmas will once
again just be a memory, hopefully a happy one for you all.

In a previous post I told you that one of my favourite flowers are poinsettias,
so today I have another card featuring a poinsettia and some more beautiful
paper from a Kaisercraft 6 x 6 pad I bought last year.

I cannot figure out why colours, particularly reds, do not photograph
and/or reproduce 'true'. This close-up of my poinsettia was photographed
at the same time as the picture of the front of my card (above)! The 
deep red colour of that photograph is the more accurate.

Inside the card is fairly simple.

Dies - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Tattered Poinsettia; Memory Box Holly Branch; Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles
Embossing - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Texture Fades Textured Poinsettia Pattern Set
Paper - Kaisercraft Turtle Dove
Ink For Sponging - Tim Holtz Distress Inks Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss
Beads and peel-off greeting sticker from my junk stash

Challenge
Alphabet - 'T for Traditional Christmas'
Beccy's Place - 'Day 7-Vintage Christmas' WINNER
Deep Ocean #90 - 'Handmade Flowers'
The Craft Room - ' A Vintage Christmas'

I'm off to 'morph' into a domestic goddess, so until next time, thank you for visiting.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x





5 comments:

  1. Hi Jeniffer,
    thank you so much for your comment on my card on my blog!
    I see here on your blog also stunning projects! i love it!
    Have a nice day, hugs Pouwla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jennifer that poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you have embossed the texture onto the petals and then layered all the pieces together... it's stunning. You've done a wonderful job of selecting beautiful patterned papers to go with it. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh! I love it! The texture on the poinsettia leaves is fantastic. I would love to receive this for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous poinsettia card, beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jennifer - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.