Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 21 November 2014

Parisian Glass Beads and Poinsettia

Yep, you're seeing correctly.........

I have yet again made another card with a poinsettia...
and there are more to come!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had made lots of bead sprays, in many
colours, sizes and types of beads while watching television. These gorgeous
beads are not plastic...they are glass, and are beautiful the way they catch and
refract light. I bought them almost 4 years ago, when I was in Paris, France. 
The little shop in a narrow side street where I bought them, just contained 
beads and beading accesories...It was like a wonderland. Due to the rather 
hefty price tag, I only bought a small packet, but now wish I had bought 
lots more, not only red, but some of the countless other colours available.

Inside my card. Once again, the colours of my card did not photograph 'true'.
The white of the front and inside of the card are actually bright white, and
the red cardstock inside the card is the same as on the front. 

Dies - Spellbinders Poinsettia; Memory Box Holly Branch; Cheery Lynn Wreath Strip
Punches - Martha Stewart PATP Aspen Snowflake, and Branch
Embossing - Fiskars Texture Plates Snowflakes
Sparklet - Kaisercraft
Parisian beads, gold cord, peel-off sticker from my junk stash

Challenge
D.R.S. Designs #149 - 'Inspired By Colour'
Beccy's Place - 'A Month of Holiday Cards' (Embossing)

I'm off to do some washing...the first items I peg out will probably be dry before I peg the last item in the basket. It is 39oC here, with a strong, hot westerly wind. John and I are not looking forward to tomorrow, as the weekend temps are predicted to be 41-43oC!!! Even if we were able to stay indoors with the airconditioner working, those temps make life uncomfortable. However, tomorrow we are booked to perform for 4 hours for a Christmas party, OUTDOORS in the middle of a golf course, where there is no shade!!!! To make that even worse, the party begins at 5pm, so we will have to begin setting up all our equipment at 3pm!!! Oh dear, I feel a case of heatstroke and severe sunburn coming on. What is really scary is the fact that we still have 10 days of spring left, before summer really 'hits'. We have given up on our poor garden.

Now that I have had a good whinge, I will say "bye for now", and "happy crafting".

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x


5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous poinsettia!! Those glass beads make beautiful centers! Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, so pretty
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. The addition of the red beads really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at the DRS Designs block challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I absolutely LOVE this Jennifer! You're a master of these beautiful poinsettia cards, and I'm sure they get better with every one you make. The foliage behind the flower is beautiful, particularly those little sprays of berries. I also like the way you have double matted the background with embossed cardstock. You've done an awesome job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.