Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 27 June 2013

Rock 'n' Roll Girl Power!

Hello fellow crafters, 

My goodness, are you all starting to panic like me, about the year just racing by. I still only have 2 Christmas cards made (gasp!). 

I would like to welcome my newest followers, Katie and Stephanie, who are teamies on Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge blog, where we have a new challenge for you. Our theme this week is one I am sure you will love,
'GIRL POWER'
Thank you to our generous sponsors,
and

My image is Sock Hop Sweetie, a digital stamp by Sassy Studio Designs.
The teal panel is Core'dinations cardstock, which I embossed, then lightly sanded. I have had a small bag of those little gold discs forever; well at least since I first began making cards. I bought them with the idea that they could represent gold records, but have never had the chance to use them, until now. The black 'record labels' are just black cardstock, punched with an ordinary office hole punch, and a white gel pen dot in the centre.
Sock Hop Sweetie was a sweetie to colour, with my Promarkers, as usual.
Inside my card matches the front.
Challenges:-
Shopping Our Stash #107 - 'Use Your Oldest Embellishment' ('Gold Records' = about 16 years old)
Sarah Hurley #81 - 'All that Glitters Is Gold' (holographic gold 'records'-hope these qualify)
Top Tip Tuesday #104 - 'Office Supplies' ('Record Labels' = made with office hole punch)
Passion For Promarkers - 'Name that Tune' (Old Time Rock and Roll;  & At The Hop)
Charisma Cardz #25 - '1,2,3,' (1 image, 2 music notes on sentiment, 3 'gold records')
Crafty Sentiments - 'Girl Power'

Image - Sassy Studio Designs digi Sock Hop Sweetie
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - from my stash
Embossing - Craft Too Music Notes
Sentiment - computer generated Ravie font
Music notes, confetti, and 'gold records' from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our 'Girl Power' challenge.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

11 comments:

  1. A gorgeous rock n roll themed card. The image looks fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Jennifer. Loving the rock & roll theme.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely themed card. Pretty colours too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card
    thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, thank you for taking part in our PFP Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation Jennifer, love this fun image and the embossed musical notes are wonderful. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! Love the image and the paper and embossing are great! Thanks for using those gold records from your stash for our challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply darling cards! I love the way you used the images! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer this is ia fabulous card. Love the whole theme and the colours work perfectly....the gold discs are genius.

    Thank you for joining us at the sarah Hurley challenge this month
    Claire x
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab musical theme and I love how you've brought it all together in the inside too.
    Thanks for joining in with us for our ‘office supplies’ challenge at Top Tip Tuesday
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.