Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Elizabeth

Hello fellow crafters, and welcome to my newest followers. I hope you enjoy your visits.
My goodness, the east coast of Australia is experiencing some major extremes in weather conditions! About 8 weeks ago we were on bushfire alert (we live in a rural area), and sadly, several hundreds of homes were destroyed. About 4-5 weeks ago, there were cyclones, mini-tornadoes and major floods, again with many homes and businesses destroyed, and now we have major flooding again. In the past 3 days, we had some of the heaviest rain in the 33 years we have lived here.

On a happier note, it is time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty, and once again the theme is one I am sure you will love -
'USE YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR'
Our generous sponsors this week are -


I have used Sassy Studio Design's Elizabeth, and my favourite colour is burgundy, followed very, very closely by pink
I'm not sure what this fold is called, but I saw it in a magazine several years
ago. There were no instructions, so I experimented with some scrap paper,
made a template, which I squirrelled away, and forgot all about it until I was
looking for something else.
Here is the card, opened out. That beautiful paper, by Papermania, has 
a linen texture.
I coloured the image with my promarkers - this photo has her dress more 
'true to colour' than the top 2 photos. I added Stickles Star Dust
to the front of her dress, her earring, and her ring.
The 'inside' of the card. The layered scallops and the metallic
border strip are burgundy, not black as they appear in the photo.                 

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
                                        My Time To Craft #210 - 'Inspired By a Song or Film' 
Lady by Kenny Rogers
Creative Creations #4 - 'Inspired by a Song'
Lady by Kenny Rogers
Lexi's Creations #84 - 'Monochromatic'
                                                    Artistic Inspirations #30 -'Fancy Folds'

Image - Sassy Studio Design digital stamp Elizabeth
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper -  Papermania  A Christmas Carol
Dies - Cheery Lynn Anastasia Border; Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Ovals; Marianne Creatables LR0116 (flourishes)
Flowers, metallic border strip, and Stickles, from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.
Until next time, thank you for visiting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jennifer the papers and image are gorgeous.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Jennifer - this is a stunning creation! Love the fold, your papers are divine and the image is wonderfully coloured. This is a perfect card for our "Monochromatic" challenge at Lexi's Creations - thanks for joining us.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jennifer. The image looks fab and I love the colours and shape.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jennifer. Love the shape of the card and the perfectly coloured image. Those papers work so well with her.
    Hope the weather isn't affecting you too much
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizbeth looks lovely in this monochromatic card. Love the shape of your card too!Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges.
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the colors! Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jennifer,

    What a beautiful creation with a lovely stamp.

    My favourite colour is Purple. I put it on my blog behind Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog. (Purple).

    Nice weekend.

    Hugs, Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fab card Jennifer and fantastic colouring. Love the card shape design
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.